How to Pitch Your Screenplay in 60 Seconds with Michael Hauge
You walk onto an elevator and just before the door closes Steven Spielberg gets on. You have 60 secs to pitch him your latest screenplay. What do you do? Your goal is to have your audience say “yes, I understand, and I care” after reading or watching your brand story.
If your audience just says “now I know” then you have successfully informed them but not enough to make them care, to make them stay to whatever you have to say next. Your career can be made in 60 seconds – if you make the right pitch!
Today’s guest is returning champion Michael Hauge. He is the best-selling author of Writing Screenplays That Sell (now in its 20th Anniversary Edition) and Selling Your Story in 60 Seconds: The Guaranteed Way to Get Your Screenplay or Novel Read.
According to Will Smith,
“No one is better than Michael Hauge at finding what is most authentic in every moment of a story.” – Will Smith
We discuss pitching techniques, the pitch story arch, and much more. After partnering with Michael on the best-selling Udemy Screenwriting course Screenplay and Story Blueprint: The Hero’s Two Journeys I wanted to work with him again. We came up with the NEW online course Pitching Your Screenplay or Novel in 60 Secs (Click here for an EXCLUSIVE Discount).
Enjoy my conversation with Michael Hauge.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Pitching Your Screenplay or Novel in 60 Secs (Click here for an EXCLUSIVE Discount)
- Screenplay and Story Blueprint: The Hero’s Two Journeys
- IFH 055: Michael Hauge – Writing a Screenplay That Sells
- IFH 114: The Six Stages of Character Development with Michael Hauge
- Writing Screenplays That Sell
- Selling Your Story in 60 Seconds
- VideoBlocks.com – (IFH Discount SAVE $50)
- Ron Howard Film Directing Masterclass
- Filmmaker in a Box – Learn How to Make an Indie Film – 18 Hours+ of Lessons
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Werner Herzog Filmmaking Master Class
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
- IFH MASTERS CIRCLE – Filmmaking Community`
- IFH’s Online Film School
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
Some of the BEST Online Screenwriting Courses & Books available:
- Michael Hauge’s How to Pitch Your Screenplay in 60 Seconds
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting MasterClass
- Michael Hauge’s & Chris Vogler’s Screenwriting & Story Blueprint: The Hero’s Two Journeys
- Shonda Rhimes Television Writing MasterClass
- David Mamet Dramatic Writing MasterClass
- Jim Uhls’ (Writer of Fight Club) The Screenwriters Toolkit
- Paul Castro’s The MILLION DOLLAR BUSINESS OF SCREENWRITING
- Paul Castro’s The Million Dollar Screenplay
- Stephanie Palmer’s Good in a Room – FREE AUDIO BOOK VERSION
- Karl Igelsias’s Writing for Emotional Impact – FREE AUDIO BOOK VERSIONS HERE
- Save the Cat!® The Last Book on Screenwriting You’ll Ever Need – FREE AUDIO BOOK VERSION
- Linda Seger’s Making A Good Script Great – FREE AUDIO BOOK VERSION
Take a Listen to the #1 Screenwriting Podcast on iTunes! Guests include Jim Uhls (Fight Club), Doug Richardson (Bad Boys), Michael Hauge, Chris Vogler & much more.
If you liked How to Pitch Your Screenplay in 60 Seconds with Michael Hauge, then you’ll love:
Enjoyed How to Pitch Your Screenplay in 60 Seconds with Michael Hauge? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…