I wanted to create a resource page that you can always come to for all your indie film needs. I'll continue to add as I find new and exciting services and products that will help you along you indie film road. Enjoy and GO MAKE YOUR FILM!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase or use a service. Understand that I have experience with all of these services, products and companies, and I recommend them because they're extremely helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I earn if you decide to buy something. Please do not purchase or spend any money on these products/services unless they will help you achieve your individual goals as a filmmaker, business person or artist.
GET YOUR FILM ON ITUNES, HULU & NETFLIX
- Distribber is an aggregator for iTunes, Hulu, Amazon, VuDu, Netflix, Cable VOD and much more. As an aggregator, we work to receive, repair, conform, package, and deliver your film to the outlets you have chosen. Distribber allows filmmakers to keep 100% of all profits generated, which effectively removes any middlemen from taking undeserving revenue.
Once your film is packaged, Distribber will deliver all assets into our partner portals to go live. Filmmakers have complete control over release dates, updates, removals, the list goes on. I've used Distribber on projects and highly recommend them.Get started today by clicking the Submit Now button.
ONE ON ONE COACHING
Trying to get your film project over the finish line? With 20 years in the film business, I can help you.
- Skype/Phone Consultation: I can coach you on: Indie Film marketing/promotions, sales & distribution of your feature or short film, post production workflow for your project, or advice on distributors who contact you.
- Full Post Production Workflow Package: I'll create a full workflow for you indie film project. If your either in pre-production, production or post I will create a post workflow that will: Save you a ton of money & time, get your film finalized, and assist you in what deliverables you'll need for distribution.
- Full Indie Film Marketing/Distribution Package: I'll create a marketing plan for you to execute. I'll break down strategies, coming up with techniques that are tailored for your film so it can be seen by the right eyeballs. I'll breakdown marketing strategies, cut out the distribution middle man, show you how to self distribute your film and create a social media marketing plan.
HOW TO DIRECT ACTORS
- Directing the Actor: A USC Film School Course with Nina Foch: Can't afford to go to USC Film School? Well you are in luck. This absolute gem of a course is available for everyone, not just the USC elite. Produced by George Lucas and Randal Kleiser, this series of lectures are excerpts from Nina Foch’s directing class conducted at the University of Southern California in 2002.The lectures, organized into sections, cover script analysis, casting, directing, and acting. Spend some time watching Nina, learn from her and implement her ideas into your own work.You’ll be amazed how far she can take you.Who can benefit from Nina Foch’s course? Directors? Absolutely. Actors? Yes. But, it’s equally valuable for writers, editors, producers, and anyone with more than a passing interest in the art and craft of filmmaking. This material can be used for an entire course, as part of a course, or a rich reference source to immerse yourself in your craft. I can't recommend this course enough!
HOW TO WRITE A SCREENPLAY
- Million Dollar Screenplay: I took this course and was blown away. Taught by someone who actually is a successful screenwriter himself. The instructor is Paul Castro, the original writer of the Warner Bros. hit movie, August Rush.He is a produced, award winning screenwriter and world-renowned screenwriting professor. Success leaves clues and so do masterfully crafted screenplays that sell for millions of dollars.
The course has over 21 lectures and 1.5 hours of content! By the end of this course, you will be able to sculpt a full-length feature film screenplay.
- Final Draft: automatically formats and paginates screenplays and teleplays to entertainment industry standards. Industry giants such as James Cameron, JJ Abrams and Aaron Sorkin recommend using Final Draft to write your screenplay.
LEARN THE CRAFT OF CREATIVE EDITING
- Inside the Edit: I've been an editor now for over twenty years. When I was starting out I looked everywhere for some course, book, video, or anything that could teach me the black art of creative editing. There are many courses design that will teach you AVID, Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro software but nothing on the creative process.One day I was surfing the net and found this site called "Inside the Edit." The site was boasting the was the world's first "creative editing course," which I found very hard to believe. I took the course for a test ride and OH MY GOD, they did it, they cracked the code.
I arranged a 10% OFF the Annual Subscription Indie Film Hustle DISCOUNT for the Indie Film Hustle Tribe, just email Inside the Edit to get your discount, click here: [email protected]
You can do monthly but I suggest the yearly membership. It will be one of the best investments you make on your storytelling journey. Website: http://www.insidetheedit.com
ON-LINE FILM SCHOOL
I have searched far and wide for GREAT on-line film courses. They are hard to comedy but I have compiled a list of awesome course to further your education on your filmmaking journey. I broke them down by category below:
- Skillshare: is an online learning community for creators. Anyone can take thousands of online classes focused around Creative skills, or even teach a class themselves. Jump in and check out a variety of Filmmaking classes including some courses I created exclusively to help you continue to build your filmmaking and artist skills.
WORDPRESS, BEAVER BUILDER & BLUEHOST, THE GREAT EQUALIZERS.
Below is my secret sauce on how I build websites for all my current projects. Quick, cheap and professional looking. This option has a bit more time in the learning curve but in my opinion well worth it.
If you plan to get more sophisticated with email collection, building a fan base, selling products and all around building an online world for your company and associated projects, then the below option is the way to go.
I just love these guys. Their customer support, live chat and reliability in by far the best in the industry. My sites have never gone down. If you call their customer service line, they'll walk you through the entire process. Check out our BlueHost Setup Guide.
Without this remarkable wordpress plugin I'd still be bumping around the web trying to figure out how to put a killer website together. This plugin is a drag and drop addition to the WordPress infrastructure. All the reliability of WordPress and the ease of dragging and dropping to create your website. Check out our Beaver Builder Tutorials here.
WordPress powers over 25% of ALL websites on the internet. It's plug-n-play ability is remarkable. I love it's backend. Super easy, robust and elegant. There are thousands of FREE and paid plugins you can add to your site to give you more functionality at a click of the mouse. You can choose from the over 10,000 FREE themes to give your website a pro look instantly and with NO CODING!
FREE FILMMAKING BOOKS
- Audible.com: I don't know about you but I'm always on the go and rarely have time to sit down and read a book. I consume most of my books through audiobooks, specifically on my iPhone and iPad. I've partnered with Audible.com to give you a gift one FREE book, no strings attached. Any book you want. There are thousands to choose from. Click here for my gift and happy learning!
ESSENTIAL MOVIE MAKING SOFTWARE
- Movie Magic Budgeting: is an innovative budgeting and cost estimation tool used by production professionals around the world. It features an intuitive, flexible format that allows users to create and edit comprehensive budgets of all sizes. Industry standard!
- Movie Magic Scheduling: is the industry standard software package for production professionals working on schedules for any size project.
- Gorilla Scheduling & Budgeting: This powerful software package can do almost everything that the Movie Magic package can but it's much more affordable. Scheduling - Import screenplays directly from your favorite screenwriting software including Final Draft and Movie Magic Screenwriter. Easily arrange strips on the stripboard with drag and drop action. Gorilla also alerts you to blackout date
PAYMENT SYSTEMS & SHOPPING CARTS
- E-Junkie: This shopping cart I used to sell my digital audio programs. It’s compatible with Paypal Standard, Paypal Pro, Google Checkout, Authorize.net, TrialPay, Clickbank & 2CheckOut. It's super simply, very low flat price to use.
- Paypal.com: Paypal isn't really great for selling your own products through them, but you’ll need an account if you want to accept payments from the above shopping cart and it's the industry standard for accepting payments online.