How to Shoot 96 Script Pages in 4 Days
So after I posted the video below I was slammed by emails and messages from the IFH Tribe asking for details on how I shot 96 pages of a visual effect heavy series in just 4 days. The series is called The S.P.A.A.C.E Program and I was hired to direct and post the series by Legendary Pictures Digital and Nerdist.
I decide to pump out a podcast detailing my techniques and tips on how to shoot large volumes of script pages fast. We average between 90-110 camera setups a day…CRAZY! Couldn’t have done it without my amazing cast and crew. At the end of this journey, we’ll have eight episodes running about 12 minutes each. I still can’t believe we did it.
One thing I forgot to mention in the podcast is to use fast gear. We shot on the Blackmagic Ursa Mini 4.6k which lived mostly on sticks. This is my camera of choice now as it gives you the biggest bang for your buck. We also use a
We also use a Dana Dolly which made moving the camera a breeze.
Take a listen to this crazy journey and I hope you can pick up some useful knowledge that will help you on your filmmaking journey.
He doesn’t need any help getting more viewers but check out on of Kyle’s show Because Science:
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Directing Actors Master Course – (30% OFF – CODE: HUSTLE)
- Hollywood Camera Work: Mastering High-End Blocking and Staging (30% OFF – CODE: HUSTLE)
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- Hans Zimmer Film Scoring MasterClass
- Kevin Spacey Acting Master Class
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
- Werner Herzog’s Filmmaking MasterClass
- Filmmaking Hacks: Filmmaking Master Course
- Directing Actors Film Workshop
- USC Film School’s ONLY Online Course: Directing the Actor
- Film Lighting MasterClass
- Recording Sound for Indie Film
- The Art of Micro-Budget Filmmaking
- Cinematography MasterClass
- Film Festival Hacks: Submit Like a Pro
- Self-Distributing Your Film Online
If you liked How to Shoot 96 Script Pages in 4 Days, take a look at this:
Enjoyed How to Shoot 96 Script Pages in 4 Days? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
Stuff You Need in Your Life:
IFHTV: Indie Film Hustle TV
Book: Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Indie Film into a Moneymaking Business
Book: Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story)
Please note some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase or use a service. Understand that I have experience with all of these services, products, and companies, and I recommend them because they’re extremely helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I earn if you decide to buy something.