How to Make Money with Your Indie Film (Crazy Case Studies)
So you want to make money with your film. Who doesn’t? I’ve always been a hustler, and I used that word in the most positive way I can. Filmmakers need to stop just thinking about the art and start thinking about the business of filmmaking. They need to become entrepreneurs. That is the only way filmmakers from this and future generations will survive in the business.
Sure for every Chris Nolan they’re millions of indie filmmakers that are broke, frustrated, angry or just quit the business altogether but it doesn’t have to be that rough. Sure the world of self-distribution has exploded and there are some many revenue avenues for filmmakers today but it doesn’t have to stop there.
In this episode, I break down and analyze a bunch of successful filmmakers that created multiple revenue streams leveraging their feature film, doc, web series or short film. Check out some of the case studies I discuss in the episode.
- Recipe Books
- Streaming Service
- Coaching Service
- Wellness Courses
Film: Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead
- Recipe Books
- Food Product Line
- Coaching Service
- Guided Cleanse
Film: Kung Fury
- Limited Edition VHS release
- LP of the Soundtrack
- Leather Jacket
Film: Crazy, Sexy, Cancer
- Recipe Cookbooks
- Paid Lectures
- Stream Lectures
- Online Courses
I link to all the case studies below. If I were you I would study each and every one of my examples. See how they did it, how they are doing it and how you can use their blueprint in your project.
Go out there and make your film and make some money too. Enjoy!
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Buy This is Meg on iTunes
- Kung Fury
- Turbo Kid
- Range 15
- Yoga with Adriane
- Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead
- Reboot with Joe (Juice Cleanse)
- Fork Over Knives
- Crazy, Sexy, Cancer
- Gabriel “Fluffy” Iglesias
- IFH 167: How to Make $3 Million Selling Your Indie Film on iTunes & Amazon w/ Range 15
- IFH 152: How to Build a YouTube Empire with RocketJump Co-Founder Dez Dolly
- IFH 044: How to Create Multiple Revenue Streams for Your Indie Film
- IFH 141: Turbo Kid & How to Create an Indie Film Ecosystem with Shaked Berenson
- IFH TV – YouTube Channel
- FilmConvert – (10% OFF – CODE: HUSTLE)
- Hollywood Film & Television Directing Masterclass (EXCLUSIVE 50% OFF)
- Directing Actors Master Course – (30% OFF – CODE: HUSTLE)
- Hollywood Camera Work: Mastering High-End Blocking and Staging (30% OFF – CODE: HUSTLE)
- Werner Herzog’s Filmmaking MasterClass
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
To share your thoughts:
To help the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Soundcloud or via RSS
If you like How to Make Money with Your Indie Film (Crazy Case Studies),
then click below:
Enjoyed How to Make Money with Your Indie Film (Crazy Case Studies)? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
Stuff You Need in Your Life:
IFHTV: Indie Film Hustle TV
Book: Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Indie Film into a Moneymaking Business
Book: Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story)
Please note some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase or use a service. Understand that I have experience with all of these services, products, and companies, and I recommend them because they’re extremely helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I earn if you decide to buy something.