How to Make $3 Million Selling Your Indie Film on iTunes & Amazon w/ with Nick Palmisciano of Range 15
We all hear that self-distribution is the future for indie filmmakers. Build an audience and make a film for that audience but finding real world examples of a “true” indie film breaking $1,000,000+ using that model is tough. Well, I’m happy to introduce you to Range 15, the indie film that not only made $1 million selling on iTunes and Amazon but generated $3 million+ to date, and growing.
Today’s guest is Nick Palmisciano, one of the writers, producers, and actors in Range 15. His story of how this crazy indie film came into the world is truly inspiring.
Nick and Mat Best, his co-producer/writer/lead of Range 15, had a crazy idea to create a feature film for the communities they had built up over the years. They are both military veterans and own the military themed apparel companies Ranger Rp and Article 15 Clothing, respectively.
They wanted to make a film that the military community would enjoy and they did just that. Check out the fun trailer below.
They crowdfunded $1.2 million to make the film. Their goal was $350,000 but they made that in the first 30 hours of the campaign. With the extra cash, they were able to get William Shatner, Keith David, Sean Astin and Danny Trejo to join the cast. Check out the crowdfunding video below.
As you can tell from the videos above Nick and the gang don’t take themselves too seriously but what is serious is how much dinero Range 15 has pulled in. For an indie film with no studio and no distributor to break $3 million bucks is a miracle. My hats off to the cast and crew of Range 15.
Nick and the boys also produced a remarkable documentary on the making of Range 15 called Not a War Story. It’s start to get buzz around Hollywood. Check out the trailer below.
Enjoy my inspirational conversation with Nick Palmisciano.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Ranger Up
- Article 15 Clothing
- Not a War Story Documentary
- Buy This is Meg on iTunes
- FREE VOD Self Distribution eBook
- IFH 128: How to Get Your Film on Netflix, Hulu, iTunes & Film Distribution with Nick Soares
- FilmConvert – (10% OFF – CODE: HUSTLE)
- Hollywood Film & Television Directing Masterclass (EXCLUSIVE 50% OFF)
- Directing Actors Master Course – (30% OFF – CODE: HUSTLE)
- Get Your Film on Netflix, Hulu & Amazon & Keep 100% off the Revenue – Distribber
- Hollywood Camera Work: Mastering High-End Blocking and Staging (30% OFF – CODE: HUSTLE)
- Werner Herzog’s Filmmaking MasterClass
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking & Screenwriting Audio Book)
- INDIE FILM SYNDICATE Filmmaking Community
- IFH’s Online Film School
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
To share your thoughts:
To help the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Soundcloud or via RSS
Please Note: Distribber is a sponsor of IFH. I only promote products and services I’ve used and believe in and this company checks off all of those requirements and more. Power to the filmmaker!
If you like How to Make $3 Million Selling Your Indie Film on iTunes & Amazon w/ Range 15,
then click below:
Enjoyed How to Make $3 Million Selling Your Indie Film on iTunes & Amazon w/ Range 15? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…