What is Your Film Really Worth?
So you are thinking of making an indie film or you’ve just finished making one…now what? When filmmakers go on the long journey of making a feature film they rarely ask the question that could make or break the success of the movie,
“What is my film worth in the marketplace?”
Before you begin the process of making your film ask the following questions?
- What is your film worth?
- Who is your market?Is it in a genre that can sell itself without stars?
- Do your actors have any market value overseas or domestically?
- Does the budget justify all of the above?
- What’s the tipping point as far as the budget is concerned for a drama or comedy with no stars?
- What is your distribution plan?
- Have you spoken to a distributor yet to see what they are looking for?
In this episode, I discuss the questions that most filmmakers don’t want to ask themselves but knowing the answer is imperative.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- IFH 121: Joshua Caldwell – The Art of the $6000 Feature Film
- IFH 088: Why Filmmakers are Always So Damn Broke & What They Can Do to Change It
- IFH 044: How to Create Multiple Revenue Streams for Your Indie Film
- IFH 074: How to Make Money TODAY Selling Your Indie Film with Amazon Video Direct!
- This is Meg – Feature Film
- Robert Rodriguez Interview: How to Build a Indie Filmmaking Empire
- How to make a $1,000 Feature Film with Jay & Mark Duplass
- Smart Passive Income
- VideoBlocks.com – (IFH Discount SAVE $50)
- Werner Herzog Filmmaking Master Class
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- Kevin Spacey Acting Master Class
- Hollywood Camera Work: Mastering High-End Blocking and Staging (30% OFF – CODE: HUSTLE)
- Directing Actors Course – (30% OFF – CODE: HUSTLE)
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
- INDIE FILM SYNDICATE Filmmaking Community
- IFH’s Online Film School
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
BONUS: TOP TEN Online Filmmaking Courses
- Werner Herzog’s Filmmaking MasterClass
- Filmmaking Hacks: Filmmaking Master Course
- Directing Actors Film Workshop
- USC Film School’s ONLY Online Course: Directing the Actor
- Film Lighting MasterClass
- Recording Sound for Indie Film
- The Art of Micro-Budget Filmmaking
- Cinematography MasterClass
- Film Festival Hacks: Submit Like a Pro
- Self-Distributing Your Film Online
If you like What is Your Film Really Worth?, then click below:
How to Build a Pimp’d Out BlackMagic Cinema Camera Rig on the CHEAP!
Enjoyed What is Your Film Really Worth? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…