What is Cinematic Virtual Reality with Jason Diamond
Is Virtual Reality the next big step in visual storytelling? Steven Spielberg said:
“I think we’re moving into a dangerous medium with virtual reality. The only reason I say it is dangerous is because it gives the viewer a lot of latitude not to take direction from the storytellers but make their own choices of where to look. I just hope it doesn’t forget the story when it starts enveloping us in a world that we can see all around us and make our own choices to look at”
I wanted to understand more about Virtual Reality/360 Video and what impact it could have (or is having) on the world of cinema. This week I have Virtual Reality expert Jason Diamond from SuperSphere VR on the show.
The Diamond Brothers, Josh and Jason Diamond, own SUPERSPHERE VR a virtual reality production company based in Los Angeles. They build VR rigs for a number of clients from Fortune 500 companies to major studios and independent films. They follow the projects through from planning to shooting to post and in the past 18 months they have delivered more than 30 full VR projects.
Some of their most recent, notable projects have been for New York Fashion Week and the Minnesota Twins (See Below). Enjoy my interview with Jason Diamond.
Minnesota Twins Virtual Reality
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- How to Shoot 360 Video Masterclass
- Diamond Brothers
- SUPERSPHERE VR
- New York Fashion Week
- This is Meg – Feature Film
- VideoBlocks.com – (IFH Discount SAVE $50)
- Werner Herzog Filmmaking Master Class
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- Kevin Spacey Acting Master Class
- Hollywood Camera Work: Mastering High-End Blocking and Staging (30% OFF – CODE: HUSTLE)
- Directing Actors Course – (30% OFF – CODE: HUSTLE)
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
- INDIE FILM SYNDICATE Filmmaking Community
- IFH’s Online Film School
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
BONUS: TOP TEN Online Filmmaking Courses
- Werner Herzog’s Filmmaking MasterClass
- Filmmaking Hacks: Filmmaking Master Course
- Directing Actors Film Workshop
- USC Film School’s ONLY Online Course: Directing the Actor
- Film Lighting MasterClass
- Recording Sound for Indie Film
- The Art of Micro-Budget Filmmaking
- Cinematography MasterClass
- Film Festival Hacks: Submit Like a Pro
- Self-Distributing Your Film Online
BONUS: Justin Lin’s Virtual Reality Short Film HELP
This story takes place in the middle of downtown Los Angeles, where a meteor shower has left a deep scar on the streets of Chinatown. Panic, fear and an alien sends a young woman scrambling to escape. Directed by Justin Lin (Fast & Furious, Star Trek Beyond).
The Making of Justin Lin’s Virtual Reality Short Film HELP
Go behind the scenes of the new Google Spotlight Stories short film, “HELP.” Justin Lin shares what it was like working in the world of 360-degree, VR storytelling.
If you like What is Cinematic Virtual Reality with Jason Diamond, then click below:
How to Build a Pimp’d Out BlackMagic Cinema Camera Rig on the CHEAP!
Enjoyed What is Cinematic Virtual Reality with Jason Diamond? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…