How to Break Down & Story Map Your Screenplay with Daniel Calvisi
Today’s guest is author Daniel Calvisi. Dan wrote the book Story Maps: How to Write a GREAT Screenplay. He breaks down stories and shows you how to map out your own by analyzing how the masters construct their screenplays. Here’s a bit more on today’s guest.
Daniel Calvisi is a story analyst, speaker, screenwriter and the author of Story Maps: How to Write a GREAT Screenplay, Story Maps: TV Drama: The Structure of the One-Hour Television Pilot, Story Maps: 12 Great Screenplays and Story Maps: The Films of Christopher Nolan. He is a former Story Analyst for major studios like Twentieth Century Fox, Miramax
He is a former Story Analyst for major studios like Twentieth Century Fox, Miramax Films, and New Line Cinema. He coaches writers, teaches webinars on writing for film and television with The Writers Store and speaks at writing conferences and book signings. He holds a degree in Film and Television from the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University.
I’m also running the Indie Film Hustle Contest. Steve Pressfield sent me a bounty of books to give away to the tribe. All you have to do to enter is “mail me”, not email, but actually mail me a letter or video telling me your break-through story, when you decided to do the work and stopped being afraid of following that dream
Winner’s name will be read on an episode of the IFH Podcast. You can send letters or videos to:
Indie Film Hustle Contest – Pressfield
c/o Alex Ferrari
531-A North Hollywood Way #257
Burbank, CA 91505
I can’t wait to read your stories. So stop reading this and listen to the podcast already. Enjoy my conversation with Daniel Calvisi.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Daniel Calvisi – Official Site
- Daniel Calvisi – YouTube
- Story Maps: How to Write a GREAT Screenplay
- Story Maps: TV Drama: The Structure of the One-Hour Television Pilot
- Story Maps: 12 Great Screenplays and Story Maps: The Films of Christopher Nolan
- BLACK FRIDAY SALE: ALL FILMMAKING & SCREENWRITING COURSES ON UDEMY $10
- VideoBlocks.com – (IFH Discount SAVE $50)
- Ron Howard Film Directing Masterclass
- Filmmaker in a Box – Learn How to Make an Indie Film – 18 Hours+ of Lessons
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Werner Herzog Filmmaking Master Class
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
- IFH MASTERS CIRCLE – Filmmaking Community`
- IFH’s Online Film School
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
Screenwriting Courses & Books available:
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting MasterClass
- Jim Uhls’ (Writer of Fight Club) The Screenwriters Toolkit
- Paul Castro’s The MILLION DOLLAR BUSINESS OF SCREEN WRITING
- Paul Castro’s The Million Dollar Screenplay
- Stephan Palmer’s Good in a Room – FREE AUDIO BOOK VERSION
- Michael Hauge’s & Chris Vogler’s Screenwriting & Story Blueprint: The Hero’s Two Journeys
- Karl Igelsias’s Writing for Emotional Impact – FREE AUDIO BOOK VERSIONS HERE
- Save the Cat!® The Last Book on Screenwriting You’ll Ever Need – FREE AUDIO BOOK VERSION
- Linda Seger’s Making A Good Script Great – FREE AUDIO BOOK VERSION
If you liked How to Break Down & Story Map Your Screenplay with Daniel Calvisi, then you’ll love:
Enjoyed How to Break Down & Story Map Your Screenplay with Daniel Calvisi? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…