The Secret to Making Money with an Independent Film
We are here! Episode #250! I can’t believe we got here. I’m humbled that the IFH Tribe has allowed me to continue this show for almost three years now. I wanted to do something special for episode #250 so today I’m going to talk about The Secret to Making Money with an Independent Film. After being a part of over 60 features films and studying hundreds more I’ve noticed a few things that filmmakers should avoid.
This is not all just doom and gloom I promise. I also go over what I think the future of independent film is and how you can be a part of it. So please enjoy this episode and I hope it’s of value to you on your filmmaking journey. Keep on hustlin’!
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- IFH 167: How to Make $3 Million Selling Your Indie Film on iTunes & Amazon w/ Range 15
- Deuce of Spades – Hot Rod Movie
- Audience Building
- On the Corner of Ego and Desire
- American Film Market
- Producer’s Rep – Circus Road Films
- BlackBox – Make Passive Income From Your Footage
- Studio Unknown Audio Post – Mention the IFH podcast, and you’ll receive 50% off one day of ADR
- Streamlette.com – Submit Your Film (3x Amazon’s Royalty Rate)
- How to Shoot and Direct an Improvised Feature Film in 24 hours
- Filmmaker in a Box – Learn How to Make an Indie Film – 18 Hours+ of Lessons
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Ron Howard Film Directing Masterclass
- Judd Apatow Comedy Writing/Directing Masterclass
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
- IFH MASTERS CIRCLE – Filmmaking Community
- IFH’s Online Film School
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
BONUS: Filmmaking Resources
- Martin Scorsese’s Film Directing MasterClass (Watch it for FREE for 7 days)
- Ron Howard’s Film Directing MasterClass (Watch it for FREE for 7 days)
- Filmmaking Hacks: Filmmaking Master Course
- Directing Actors Film Workshop
- USC Film School’s ONLY Online Course: Directing the Actor
- Film Lighting MasterClass
- Recording Sound for Indie Film
- The Art of Micro-Budget Filmmaking
- Cinematography MasterClass
- Film Festival Hacks: Submit Like a Pro
- Self-Distributing Your Film Online
If you liked The Secret to Making Money with an Independent Film, then you’ll love:
Enjoyed The Secret to Making Money with an Independent Film? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
Please note some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase or use a service. Understand that I have experience with all of these services, products, and companies, and I recommend them because they’re extremely helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I earn if you decide to buy something. Thx u!