IFH 207: Inside the Visual Effects of Star Wars: The Last Jedi & ILM with Dan Cregan
Ever wonder what it is like to work at ILM (Industrial Light and Magic) on a Star Wars film? Today’s guest is one of my best friends, Dan Cregan. Dan and I go way, way back. He worked with my doing VFX on my first film BROKEN.
We’ve continued to work together over the past 12 years. Dan has moved up in the VFX world working on blockbuster films like:
- Star Wars: Rogue One
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
- The Martian
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- X-Men: Apocolypse
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
- Fantastic Four
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
I wanted to bring Dan back on the show to share his experience working behind the scenes of Star Wars: The Last Jedi and ILM. Enjoy my conversation with Dan Cregan. May the force be with you.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- VideoBlocks.com – (IFH Discount SAVE $50)
- Ron Howard Film Directing Masterclass
- Filmmaker in a Box – Learn How to Make an Indie Film – 18 Hours+ of Lessons
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Werner Herzog Filmmaking Master Class
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
- IFH MASTERS CIRCLE – Filmmaking Community`
- IFH’s Online Film School
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
Enjoyed Inside the Visual Effects of Star Wars: The Last Jedi & ILM with Dan Cregan? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…