Please Note: Once you press play it will take a few seconds for the episode to start playing.
Inside COVID Production Standards on an Indie with Austin Williams
So many IFH Tribe members have reached out to me to ask if I could help or guide them on how to shoot an indie feature film or series during COVID-19. So I decided to release a series of interviews with filmmakers who have done just that.
First up is filmmaker Austin Williams. Austin was shooting his new feature Red Stone in the middle of COVID before anyone in our business knew what to do. The film had a respectable $500,000 budget. Here is some more info on the film.
With one bullet, Motley’s life spirals out of control as he’s forced to go on the run from the ruthless crime lord, Jed Haywood. Tracking Motley is Boon, Haywood’s best henchman, and close friend. Boon’s brother has recently passed away in a horrific car accident and today is the funeral. He has 10 hours to bring Motley in and get to the cemetery. Over the course of one day, both Motley and Boon go on a game of cat and mouse as their fate brings them together for a climactic showdown.
The film stars Neal McDonough (Yellowstone, Altered Carbon, Sonic The Hedgehog) who is also exec producing the film. The film also stars Dash Melrose (Little Fires Everywhere), Michael Cudlitz (The Walking Dead), Dominic Scott Kay (Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End), Jason Douglas (The Walking Dead), Allie DeBerry (A.N.T. Farm), and Mike Dopud (The Predator).
In this conversation, we discuss the methods he used to keep everyone safe on set, how he dealt with SAG, and the costs associated with dealing with COVID safety measures. Enjoy my conversation with Austin Williams.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- DONATE to Feed America to help with people affected by the Coronavirus
- Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Indie Film into a Moneymaking Business (FREE AUDIOBOOK)
- $1 Closed Captions for Indie Filmmakers – Rev ($10 Off Your First Order)
- The Complete Indie Film Producing Workshop with Suzanne Lyons (COUPON CODE: IFHFILMPRODUCE)
- Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story) (FREE AUDIOBOOK)
REAL-WORLD STREAMING FILM EDUCATION
- Indie Film Hustle TV (Streaming Real-World Film Education)
- Hollywood Film School: Filmmaking & TV Directing Masterclass
- Filmmaker in a Box – Learn How to Make an Indie Film – 18 Hours+ of Lessons
- Storytelling Blueprint: Hero’s Two Journeys
- The Dialogue Series: 38 hours of Lessons from Top Hollywood Screenwriters
WATCH MICRO-BUDGET CASE STUDIES
- IFH Academy – Exclusive Filmmaking & Screenwriting Training
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
- Indie Film Hustle® Podcast
- Bulletproof Screenwriting® Podcast
- Filmtrepreneur™ Podcast
- Inside the Screenwriter’s Mind® Podcast
If you liked Inside COVID Production Standards on an Indie with Austin Williams,
then you’ll love:
Enjoyed Inside COVID Production Standards on an Indie with Austin Williams? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email, etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
Podcasts You Should Be Listening To:
Podcast: Indie Film Hustle® Podcast
Podcast: Bulletproof Screenwriting® Podcast
Podcast: The Directors Series™ Podcast
Podcast: Inside the Screenwriter’s Mind™ Podcast
Podcast: The Filmtrepreneur® Podcast
Podcast: Filmmaking Motivation Podcast
IFH Podcast Network: Discover the Best Screenwriting and Filmmaking Podcasts
Stuff You Need in Your Life:
IFH Academy: Exclusive Filmmaking & Screenwriting Training
IFHTV: Indie Film Hustle TV
Book: Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Indie Film into a Moneymaking Business
Book: Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story)
FREE 3-Part Indie Film Producing Video Series