What Happens After You Win the SXSW Film Festival?
Have you always wonder what happens to indie filmmakers who win HUGE film festivals like the SXSW Film Festival? Well, wonder no more.
I’ve invited one of my oldest friends onto the show, Brant Sersen, the writer, and director of the SXSW Audience Award-winning film “Blackballed: The Bobby Dukes Story” starring Rob Corddry.
Over the years I’ve heard Brant tell me all sorts of stories about his misadventures in Hollywood. So if you are expecting a “Entourage” style story you’re on the wrong website.
What I try to do with Indie Film Hustle is to give you the no BS info, stories, and experiences you can only get by being in the heat of battle. Brant Sersen’s story is no different.
Brant shares his ups and down on the Hollywood roller coaster, what it takes to make it as a working filmmaker and shares behind the scenes stories of working with big name talent. Enjoy the podcast!
Here’s the trailer to Blackballed: The Bobby Dukes Story:
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Brant Sersen – IMDB
- Blackballed: The Bobby Dukes Story
- IFH: Guerrilla Indie Film School
- USC Film School’s ONLY Online Course: Directing the Actor
- Indie Film Hustle TV (Netflix for Filmmakers and Screenwriters)
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Ron Howard Film Directing Masterclass
- Spike Lee Film Directing Masterclass
- Werner Herzog Filmmaking MasterClass
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting MasterClass
- Mira Nair Independent Filmmaking Masterclass
- David Mamet Dramatic Writing MasterClass
- Shonda Rhimes Masterclass: Learn Television Writing from the Creator of Scandal
- Steve Martin Teaches Comedy Writing & Acting MasterClass
- Annie Leibovitz Masterclass: Learn Photography from the Legend
- Jimmy Chin Masterclass: Learn Adventure Photography
- Judd Apatow Comedy Writing/Directing Masterclass
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
If you like this episode, then take a listen to:
Top 10 Indie Filmmaking Podcasts
Enjoyed “What Happens After You Win the SXSW Film Festival with Brant Sersen” Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…