Blueprint to Make it in the Film Business with Stage 32
Have you ever wanted an easy blueprint to make it in the film business? I know I have. Well, you are in for a treat. I had an amazing interview with Richard “RB” Botto from the online film community Stage 32.com.
Stage 32 is a US-based social network and educational site for creative professionals who work in film, television, and theater. Stage 32 links professionals in the entertainment industry including directors, writers, actors, and entertainment staff.
It caters to film industry professionals with featured bloggers, online education taught by industry professionals, news from Hollywood and filming locations around the world, Stage 32 meetups page, an online lounge, and a film business jobs page that allows members to connect with others on film ventures, along with standard social media functions.
CEO and founder, Richard “RB” Botto, an Orson Welles fan, drew his inspiration for the name “Stage 32” from the old RKO Soundstage 17 where Citizen Kane was filmed. That soundstage is now Paramount’s Stage 32.
Botto states that he created Stage 32 in order to connect, to educate, and to increase the odds of success for creative professionals in the film and television industries, regardless of their geographical location.
I sat down and picked RB’s brain about what it really takes to be a Filmtrepreneur and make it in the film business. What came out was a remarkable conversation where you really feel like a fly on the wall. I would’ve killed for the information we cover in this podcast when I was starting out.
So enjoy this fascinating interview with Richard “RB” Botto from Stage 32.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Stage 32 – Official Site
- IFH 010: How to Produce Your First Feature Film w/ Suzanne Lyons
- IFH: Guerrilla Indie Film School
- USC Film School’s ONLY Online Course: Directing the Actor
- Indie Film Hustle TV (Netflix for Filmmakers and Screenwriters)
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Ron Howard Film Directing Masterclass
- Spike Lee Film Directing Masterclass
- Werner Herzog Filmmaking MasterClass
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting MasterClass
- Mira Nair Independent Filmmaking Masterclass
- David Mamet Dramatic Writing MasterClass
- Shonda Rhimes Masterclass: Learn Television Writing from the Creator of Scandal
- Steve Martin Teaches Comedy Writing & Acting MasterClass
- Annie Leibovitz Masterclass: Learn Photography from the Legend
- Jimmy Chin Masterclass: Learn Adventure Photography
- Judd Apatow Comedy Writing/Directing Masterclass
- Six Secrets to getting into Film Festivals for FREE!
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
If you like this episode, then take a listen to:
Top 10 Indie Filmmaking Podcasts
Enjoyed “Blueprint to Make it in the Film Business with Stage 32” Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
Please note some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase or use a service. Understand that I have experience with all of these services, products, and companies, and I recommend them because they’re extremely helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I earn if you decide to buy something.