How Not to Get Ripped Off in Post Production
Over the years I’ve seen many of my fellow indie filmmakers get completely ripped off when they entered the post-production process. So many promises are given and the rates they charge are criminal. I wanted to put together a podcast to pull the curtain back on the “true” pricing of post production services.
Now, this is based on my experience working in Los Angeles so the prices might differ depending where you are in the country or the world.
I hope this episode provides a great amount of value and that it saves you your hard earned cash while making your next indie film. Enjoy!
Getting a DCP created for your Indie Feature for $540!
If you are looking for a quality DCP my suggestion would be to try the indie film friendly post production company Numb Robot. Creation of a 90-min feature length DCP starts at $720 with a 5-day turnaround but if you wait a few more days it’s $540 with a 10-day turnaround. CRU hard drives for, the industry standard for distributing feature DCPs, are just $200 each. They also do short films. They have delivered masters to the Sundance, SXSW and the Toronto Film Festivals, just to name a few. Click here for more info.
If you need help with understanding post production workflow or need to consult a professional post supervisor click here.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- FilmConvert – (10% OFF – CODE: HUSTLE)
- Hollywood Film & Television Directing Masterclass (EXCLUSIVE 50% OFF)
- Directing Actors Master Course – (30% OFF – CODE: HUSTLE)
- Get Your Film on Netflix, Hulu & Amazon & Keep 100% off the Revenue – Distribber
- Hollywood Camera Work: Mastering High-End Blocking and Staging (30% OFF – CODE: HUSTLE)
- Werner Herzog’s Filmmaking MasterClass
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
To share your thoughts:
To help the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Soundcloud or via RSS
If you like The 5 Lies of Indie Film Distribution, then click below:
How to Create Multiple Revenue Streams for Your Indie Film
Enjoyed “The 5 Lies of Indie Film Distribution” Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…