How to Sell Ancillary Products for Your Indie Film (Pool Party Massacre) with Drew Marvick
For years now I’ve been preaching how filmmakers need to create ancillary products for their indie films. (listen to this episode for more on that.) Today’s guest has done an amazing job at doing just that. Drew Marvick is the writer/director of the 80’s style horror indie film Pool Party Massacre.
Drew not only made his film, which took over a year to complete, but decided to target his core audience and sell amazing assortments of products based on his film. The audience ate it up. Check out a few examples of his product line that is specifically tailored to his audience.
Drew and I break down how he came up with his marketing plan, how he sources his classic VHSs, where he had that killer poster made, his sales numbers and how the hell he had an action figured made for a low budget horror film. BTW, check out the amazing artwork he had designed for Pool Party Massacre.
Enjoy my eye-opening conversation with Drew Marvick.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Pool Party Massacre Rent or Buy
- Drew Marvick – Facebook
- Drew Marvick – Twitter
- Drew Marvick – Instagram
- Pool Party Massacre – Official Site
- Pool Party Massacre – Instagram
- Pool Party Massacre – Twitter
- IFHTV – SIGNUP
- BlackBox – Make Passive Income From Your Footage
- How to Shoot and Direct an Improvised Feature Film in 24 hours
- Filmmaker in a Box – Learn How to Make an Indie Film
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Ron Howard Film Directing Masterclass
- Judd Apatow Comedy Writing/Directing Masterclass
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
BONUS: Filmmaking Resources
- Filmmaking Hacks: Filmmaking Master Course
- Directing Actors Film Workshop
- USC Film School’s ONLY Online Course: Directing the Actor
- Film Lighting MasterClass
- Recording Sound for Indie Film
- The Art of Micro-Budget Filmmaking
- Cinematography MasterClass
- Film Festival Hacks: Submit Like a Pro
- Self-Distributing Your Film Online
If you liked How to Sell Ancillary Products of Your Indie Film (Pool Party Massacre) with Drew Marvick,
then you’ll love:
Enjoyed How to Sell Ancillary Products of Your Indie Film (Pool Party Massacre) with Drew Marvick? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
Stuff You Need in Your Life:
IFHTV: Indie Film Hustle TV
Book: Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Indie Film into a Moneymaking Business
Book: Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story)