Movie Theaters are DEAD…Not So Fast with Phil Contrino
Are movie theaters dead? Every summer there is a barrage of articles announcing the death of the movie theater experience. Those articles state the new generation is not interested in going to the movies anymore, that they stream everything.
This kind of rhetoric has been spouted off since television was invented. Then it was VHS, then DVDs and not streaming. Movie theaters have always been able to find a happy home and compliment the new movie screening technology of the day. Today on the show we have Phil Contrino from N.A.T.O, the National Association of Theatre Owners. Phil and I discuss the movie-going experience. What theaters are doing right and where they can improve. We also discuss what place indie films have in the modern day movie theater experience.
I’ve always had a love for the movies. It’s like a church for me. Whenever I’ve been in a tough place in my life I go to the movies to escape, think and see what comes to me. It’s almost meditative. I truly hope they’ll always be a form of the communal movie going experience and I have a feeling there will be.
Enjoy my conversation with Phil Contrino.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- National Association of Theatre Owners
- IFH Store (Indie Film Hustle Merch Store)
- IFHTV – EARLY SIGNUP
- BlackBox – Make Passive Income From Your Footage
- Indie Film Hustle TV – (The Netflix for Screenwriters & Filmmakers) – LAUNCHES Nov 1, 2018
- How to Shoot and Direct an Improvised Feature Film in 24 hours
- Filmmaker in a Box – Learn How to Make an Indie Film
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Ron Howard Film Directing Masterclass
- Judd Apatow Comedy Writing/Directing Masterclass
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
BONUS: Filmmaking Resources
- Filmmaking Hacks: Filmmaking Master Course
- Directing Actors Film Workshop
- USC Film School’s ONLY Online Course: Directing the Actor
- Film Lighting MasterClass
- Recording Sound for Indie Film
- The Art of Micro-Budget Filmmaking
- Cinematography MasterClass
- Film Festival Hacks: Submit Like a Pro
- Self-Distributing Your Film Online
If you liked Movie Theaters are DEAD…Not So Fast with Phil Contrino,
then you’ll love:
Enjoyed Movie Theaters are DEAD…Not So Fast with Phil Contrino? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
Stuff You Need in Your Life:
IFHTV: Indie Film Hustle TV
Book: Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Indie Film into a Moneymaking Business
Book: Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story)