Please Note: Once you press play it will take a few seconds for the episode to start playing.
The Coffee Break Screenwriter with Pilar Alessandra
I’ve been trying to get today’s guest on the show for months. Pilar Alessandra is an author, podcaster, and script consultant. She’s the director of the popular writing program “On The Page,” author of “The Coffee Break Screenwriter” and host of the “On the Page Podcast.”
Pilar started her career as Senior Story Analyst at DreamWorks SKG. In 2001, she opened the Los Angeles-based On the Page Writers’ Studio dedicated to teaching and consulting with screenwriters and TV writers at all levels.
An in-demand speaker, she’s taught seminars at DreamWorks, Disney Animation, ABC, CBS, and the AFM and has traveled the world teaching in the UK, China, Poland, Vietnam, Colombia, Portugal, and South Africa.
Pilar’s greatest accomplishment is the success of her students, many of whom have won top competitions such as the Nicholl Fellowship, are working on TV shows such as “The 100,” “Silicon Valley” and “Grey’s Anatomy,” and have sold feature films to major studios.
Enjoy my conversation with Pilar Alessandra.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Bulletproof Screenplay Script Coverage Service – Get Your Screenplay Covered by Industry Pros
- Indie Film Hustle TV (Streaming Real-World Screenwriting Education)
- Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story) FREE AUDIOBOOK
- Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: FREE AUDIOBOOK
REAL-WORLD STREAMING SCREENWRITING EDUCATION
- Storytelling Blueprint: Hero’s Two Journeys
- The Dialogue Series: 38 hours of Lessons from Top Hollywood Screenwriters
- The Script Lab Workshops
- How to Write a FAST Screenplay
- WGA Presents: The Art of Screenwriting
- Screenwriting Masterclass: Crafting Complex Characters
- Download FREE Screenplay Collections
- Download Most Wanted TV Pilots
- Download Your FREE Screenwriting Audiobook
- Indie Film Hustle® Podcast
- Filmtrepreneur® Podcast
If you liked this episode, then you’ll love:
Enjoyed this episode? Please share it in your social networks Facebook, Twitter, email, etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
Stuff You Need in Your Life:
IFHTV: Indie Film Hustle TV
Book: Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Film into a Moneymaking Business
Book: Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story)