Please Note: Once you press play it will take a few seconds for the episode to start playing.
The Meditating Filmmaker – How to Be More Creative
Over the years I have mentioned my meditation practice and how important it is in my daily routine on the show. Many of the #IFHTribe have asked me to do an entire episode on meditation and the importance it has in the creative process. Today is that day.
In this episode, I go over:
- My personal meditation practice
- Why it’s impossible to CLEAR YOUR MIND
- How to embrace your minds inner voice
- How science view meditation
- Neuroscience and what actually happens to your brain when you meditate
- How meditation can make you more creative
I discuss practical everyday uses for meditation in your creative life. Some of my greatest ideas and thoughts have come to me during my meditations. I’ll also teach you how to meditate for 10-15 min to start and then over time, you can grow your practice to 1-2 hours a day like I do. Once you start meditating it becomes addictive.
Get ready to open your creative channels to full flow. Enjoy!
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- You Are the Placebo: Making Your Mind Matter (FREE AUDIO BOOK VERSION)
- The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself (FREE AUDIO BOOK VERSION)
- Becoming Supernatural: How Common People Are Doing the Uncommon (FREE AUDIO BOOK VERSION)
- Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself (FREE AUDIO BOOK VERSION)
- Alex Ferrari’s Shooting for the Mob Book- Amazon Pre-Order Link
- Indie Film Hustle TV (Netflix for Filmmakers and Screenwriters)
- BlackBox – Make Passive Income From Your Footage
- $1 Close Captions for Indie Filmmakers – Rev ($10 Off Your First Order)
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Ron Howard Film Directing Masterclass
- Spike Lee Film Directing Masterclass
- Werner Herzog Filmmaking MasterClass
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting MasterClass
- Mira Nair Independent Filmmaking Masterclass
- David Mamet Dramatic Writing MasterClass
- Shonda Rhimes Masterclass: Learn Television Writing from the Creator of Scandal
- Steve Martin Teaches Comedy Writing & Acting MasterClass
- Annie Leibovitz Masterclass: Learn Photography from the Legend
- Jimmy Chin Masterclass: Learn Adventure Photography
- Judd Apatow Comedy Writing/Directing Masterclass
- Six Secrets to getting into Film Festivals for FREE!
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
If you liked The Meditating Filmmaker – How to Be More Creative, then you’ll love:
Enjoyed The Meditating Filmmaker – How to Be More Creative? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
Stuff You Need in Your Life:
IFHTV: Indie Film Hustle TV
Book: Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Indie Film into a Moneymaking Business
Book: Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story)