Karl Iglesias Screenwriting Master Class & How to Create an Emotional Impact
This week we were lucky enough to have as out guest screenwriting guru Karl Iglesias. He has written award winning books including: The 101 Habits of Highly Successful Screenwriters, Writing for Emotional Impact, and Cut to the Chase. (FREE AUDIO BOOK VERSIONS HERE)
I discovered Karl Iglesias’ work reading Writing for Emotional Impact. It really transformed the way I wrote screenplays and created a bunch of new habits that I still use today.
It was a major treat to interview Karl on the show. His work is so specific but yet broad. His one rule that can never be broken,
“Always be interesting.”
I think most films coming out of Hollywood today should take that advice. Keep your audience engaged and emotionally invested. So many filmmakers and screenwriters today don’t understand that basic concept.
I really asked Karl the tough questions so we could fill this episode with amazing content for you. This is one podcast your won’t want to miss. Enjoy!
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Pixar’s Emotional Core: The Essential Element in all Successful Stories
- Writing for Emotional Impact (FREE AUDIO BOOK VERSIONS HERE)
- Cut to the Chase
- The 101 Habits of Highly Successful Screenwriters
- Karl Iglesias – Official Site
- BROKEN (Watch it FREE on Amazon Prime)
- The Million Dollar Business of Screenwriting
- IFH: Filmmaking Hacks
- FreeFilmBook.com (Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
If you like this show you’ll love my:
TOP TEN Screenwriting Books You Need to Read
Enjoyed this blog post Karl Iglesias Screenwriting? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…