How to Shoot a Feature Film in 24 Hours with Ivan Malekin
Imagine shooting an entire feature film in 24 hours. How could you do something like that and not make it a bad stage play? Today’s guest was not only able to do that but made a damn good film in the process. Ivan Malekin and his partner Sarah Jayne directed the feature film Friends, Foes & Fireworks in just one night (24 hours). Here’s some info on the film.
An intimate New Year’s Eve reunion of five female friends in the independent acting scene becomes a test of relationships when old tensions spark, truths are told, and rivalries are reignited. Will the group make it through the night together or will their friendship fizzle out like an overzealous fireworks display?
Filmed in a single night, the craziest and most chaotic night of the year – NYE – and relying entirely on improvisation, Friends, Foes & Fireworks is an ambitious Australian drama exploring relationships, love, friendship and the truths we try and fail to keep to ourselves.
Ivan, Sarah and I develop a course on how they wrote, shot, edited and sold Friends, Foes, and Fireworks. The online course is called How to Shoot & Direct an Improvised Feature Film in 24 Hours. Since you are part of the IFH Tribe we are offering a HUGE Discount for you guys. It’s regularly $174.99 but you get it for $17.99! This is a LIMITED TIME OFFER. Check out the trailer below:
We dive into what it took to make a film in 24 hours, did they use a script or scriptment? How many cameras? How many crew and much more. Get ready to be inspired and enjoy my conversation with Ivan Malekin.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- How to Shoot & Direct an Improvised Feature Film in 24 Hours (Online Course)
- Friends, Foes & Fireworks – Website
- Friends, Foes & Fireworks – IMDB
- Friends, Foes & Fireworks
- Ivan Malekin – IMDB
- Puffy Chair
- Mark Duplass
- BlackBox – Make Passive Income From Your Footage
- Studio Unknown Audio Post – Mention the IFH podcast, and you’ll receive 50% off one day of ADR
- Filmmaker in a Box – Learn How to Make an Indie Film – 18 Hours+ of Lessons
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Ron Howard Film Directing Masterclass
- Judd Apatow Comedy Writing/Directing Masterclass
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
- IFH MASTERS CIRCLE – Filmmaking Community
- IFH’s Online Film School
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
BONUS: Filmmaking Resources
- Martin Scorsese’s Film Directing MasterClass
- Ron Howard’s Film Directing MasterClass
- Filmmaking Hacks: Filmmaking Master Course
- Directing Actors Film Workshop
- USC Film School’s ONLY Online Course: Directing the Actor
- Film Lighting MasterClass
- Recording Sound for Indie Film
- The Art of Micro-Budget Filmmaking
- Cinematography MasterClass
- Film Festival Hacks: Submit Like a Pro
- Self-Distributing Your Film Online
If you liked How to Shoot a Feature Film in 24 Hours with Ivan Malekin,
then you’ll love:
Enjoyed How to Shoot a Feature Film in 24 Hours with Ivan Malekin? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
Please note some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase or use a service. Understand that I have experience with all of these services, products, and companies, and I recommend them because they’re extremely helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I earn if you decide to buy something. Thx u!