TOP SECRET Indie Film Hustle Project Finally Revealed
The day is finally here. I’ve been teasing you guys for months now. The top secret project I’ve been working on is my next feature film called “On the Corner of Ego and Desire.” The entire film was shot at this year’s Sundance Film Festival. The film was written, produced, directed by me, produced by Adam Bowman of Media Circus, shot by Austin Nordell and starring Rob Alicea, Sonja O’Hara, and Randy Ramos Jr.
Here is the synopsis:
Three hapless independent filmmakers make the trek to the Sundance Film Festival and go through absolute hell in search for the elusive producer that is supposedly going to buy their independent feature film, all within 24 hours. With a producer who stole money from his mother’s retirement account to fund the film, to a director who thinks she’s the next Francois Truffaut, to an actor/editor who is a doormat for everyone, this motley crew of misfit filmmakers have a tough time navigating the chaotic world of the Sundance Film Festival. Ignorance, foolishness and above all ego drive the team to implosion as they struggle to realize their filmmaking dreams.
I wanted to make a film that would be an allegory of what “not” to do with an indie film. The movie is funny, sad, ridiculous and heart-wrenching. I didn’t want to announce the project without being able to show the IFH Tribe something so check out the teaser trailer below.
Let me know what you guys think. Take a listen to the episode as I go into more detail on how we shot it, what camera and lenses we used and much more. I’ll be breaking down the process of how the film came together in the coming weeks and months. For some behind the scenes photos of the production go to: On the Corner of Ego and Desire – Official Site.
I hope this little film will inspire you to go out and tell your story. Keep that hustle going, keep that dream alive and I’ll talk to you soon.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- BlackBox – Make Passive Income From Your Footage
- Studio Unknown Audio Post – Mention the IFH podcast, and you’ll receive 50% off one day of ADR
- Filmmaker in a Box – Learn How to Make an Indie Film – 18 Hours+ of Lessons
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Ron Howard Film Directing Masterclass
- Judd Apatow Comedy Writing/Directing Masterclass
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
- IFH MASTERS CIRCLE – Filmmaking Community
- IFH’s Online Film School
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
BONUS: Filmmaking Resources
- Martin Scorsese’s Film Directing MasterClass
- Ron Howard’s Film Directing MasterClass
- Filmmaking Hacks: Filmmaking Master Course
- Directing Actors Film Workshop
- USC Film School’s ONLY Online Course: Directing the Actor
- Film Lighting MasterClass
- Recording Sound for Indie Film
- The Art of Micro-Budget Filmmaking
- Cinematography MasterClass
- Film Festival Hacks: Submit Like a Pro
- Self-Distributing Your Film Online
If you liked TOP SECRET Indie Film Hustle Project Finally Revealed,
then you’ll love:
Enjoyed TOP SECRET Indie Film Hustle Project Finally Revealed? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
Please note some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase or use a service. Understand that I have experience with all of these services, products, and companies, and I recommend them because they’re extremely helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I earn if you decide to buy something. Thx u!