How to Get a Theatrical Release through Fathom Events with Caleb Price
Today on the show we have director Caleb Price. Caleb has directed a great documentary called Connect. Here’s a bit about the film.
In a social media-centered world, the smart phone has become a cultural rite of passage for kids. But is that rite all wrong? With six teens, Kirk Cameron fully understands this dilemma. So he went to the experts and what he learned will enlighten, challenge, and encourage parents. And best of all: it can help strengthen your family!
Connect is now available on all major streaming platforms.
Connect isn’t the only reason I want Caleb on the show. Caleb and the star of Connect Kirk Cameron (80’s Hit Growing Pains, Like Father, Like Son) have used a pretty cool service to reach a MASSIVE Theatrical audience. The company is called Fathom Events. If you’ve ever been in an AMC theater you’ve probably seen a trailer for a Concert, Ballet or Broadway play on Fathom Events but they also distribute feature films. Check out the trailer below:
Caleb and I go into the weeds on how he used Fathom Events to sell and market Connect along with other of their past releases. This is a good one so get ready to take notes. Enjoy my conversation with Caleb Price.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- BlackBox – Make Passive Income From Your Footage
- Studio Unknown Audio Post – Mention the IFH podcast, and you’ll receive 50% off one day of ADR
- Filmmaker in a Box – Learn How to Make an Indie Film – 18 Hours+ of Lessons
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Ron Howard Film Directing Masterclass
- Judd Apatow Comedy Writing/Directing Masterclass
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
- IFH MASTERS CIRCLE – Filmmaking Community
- IFH’s Online Film School
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
BONUS: Filmmaking Resources
- How to Shoot and Direct an Improvised Feature Film in 24 hours
- Martin Scorsese’s Film Directing MasterClass
- Ron Howard’s Film Directing MasterClass
- Filmmaking Hacks: Filmmaking Master Course
- Directing Actors Film Workshop
- USC Film School’s ONLY Online Course: Directing the Actor
- Film Lighting MasterClass
- Recording Sound for Indie Film
- The Art of Micro-Budget Filmmaking
- Cinematography MasterClass
- Film Festival Hacks: Submit Like a Pro
- Self-Distributing Your Film Online
If you liked Inside the Worst Movie Ever Made (The Room) with Robyn Paris,
then you’ll love:
Enjoyed Inside the Worst Movie Ever Made (The Room) with Robyn Paris? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
Please note some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase or use a service. Understand that I have experience with all of these services, products, and companies, and I recommend them because they’re extremely helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I earn if you decide to buy something. Thx u!