Creating a Brand & Making Killer Films with Elijah Wood and the SpectreVision Team
SPECIAL SUNDANCE EDITION of the Indie Film Hustle Podcast
I wanted to do something special for the Indie Film Hustle Tribe this year. I’m in Park City, UT interview some AMAZING filmmakers, producers, agents and actors. In celebration of Sundance I’ll be releasing a podcast a day during the week.
I wanted to launch this special Sundance Film Festival series with a bang. In this episode I speak to indie film favorite and all around amazing human being Elijah Wood (Lord of the Rings, Sin City) and his remarkable partners Josh Waller, Daniel Noah and Lisa Whalen (Company X) over at their company SpectreVision.
I have to say that this is by far one of my favorite interviews I’ve ever done. It was part filmmaking masterclass, branding lesson, James Lipton interview and party. I learned a ton from the gang and really felt the passion these friends and partners have for making the kind of films they want to see.
Here’s a bit about SpectreVision:
Founded in 2010 by partners Elijah Wood, Daniel Noah and Josh C. Waller, SpectreVision was created to tell character-driven stories tackling emotional and human experiences that test the boundaries of the genre space. In 2014, Lisa Whalen joined the company as the fourth partner.
The SpectreVision productions of A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night, Cooties, Open Windows, The Boy and their latest cult hit, The Greasy Strangler, have earned them spots at the most prestigious festivals in the world, as well as numerous awards and nominations. SpectreVision has also released, under its SpectreVision Presents banner, the acclaimed films, Toad Road, LFO and, in partnership with Cinefamily, the enormously successful restoration and re-release of the lost animated classic, Belladonna of Sadness.
In the six years since its inception, SpectreVision has expanded its focus, with new and exciting forays into the worlds of television, gaming, and digital media. It’s celebrated music management division has ushered in a new movement in film composition, with clients having scored Sicario, Arrival, Trans Parent, Lion and many more, earning multiple Academy Award nominations and an Emmy win.
At the 2017 Sundance Film Festival, SpectreVision’s parent entity, Company X, premiered their first production, Bitch, in partnership with MarVista Films.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- SpectreVision – Facebook
- Company X
- Sebastian Twardosz
- Circus Road Films
- Media Circus PR
- Directing Actors Master Course – (30% OFF – CODE: HUSTLE)
- Get Your Film on Netflix, Hulu & Amazon & Keep 100% off the Revenue – Distribber
- Hollywood Camera Work: Mastering High-End Blocking and Staging (30% OFF – CODE: HUSTLE)
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- Hans Zimmer Film Scoring MasterClass
- Kevin Spacey Acting Master Class
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
- INDIE FILM SYNDICATE Filmmaking Community
- IFH’s Online Film School
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
BONUS: TOP TEN Online Filmmaking Courses
- Werner Herzog’s Filmmaking MasterClass
- Hollywood Film Directing MasterClass
- Filmmaking Hacks: Filmmaking Master Course
- Directing Actors Film Workshop
- USC Film School’s ONLY Online Course: Directing the Actor
- Film Lighting MasterClass
- Recording Sound for Indie Film
- The Art of Micro-Budget Filmmaking
- Cinematography MasterClass
- Film Festival Hacks: Submit Like a Pro
If you like
Creating a Brand & Making Killer Films with Elijah Wood and the SpectreVision Team, then click below:
Why Filmmakers are Always So Damn Broke & What They Can Do to Change It
Enjoyed Creating a Brand & Making Killer Films with Elijah Wood and the SpectreVision Team? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…