I know that everyone reading this has had a moment in time where someone did not believe in them for one reason or another. It’s a part of life and a REAL BIG PART of the film industry. So many times in my career I was told that:
“You nuts! That’ll never work.”
“That’s never been done before.”
Well I love hearing that. It has taken time for me to enjoy when people say “it can’t be done.” I truly use it as fuel. You must first believe in yourself before anyone will believe in you.
Now you also have to be smart about this. You can’t blindly believe in yourself without having a plan, educating yourself and understanding the playing field you’ll be walking on to.
In this episode I go over exactly that, how to deal with non-believers and how to build a plan to make your goal come true. Please share this episode with anyone who needs to hear it.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- IFH: Film Festival Hacks: How to Submit Your Film Like a Pro
- IFH: Filmmaking Hacks
- Twitter Hacks: How to Build a Following on Twitter
- USC Film School’s ONLY On-line Course: Directing the Actor
- FreeFilmBook.com (Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
- IFH 039: How to Write the Million Dollar Screenplay with August Rush writer Paul Castro
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
Enjoyed this podcast episode? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…