Sundance Film Festival Survival Guide
This year will be the sixth time I’ve been to the Sundance Film Festival and I’ve picked up a few tips and tricks on how to survive the experience. I’ve many many mistakes when traveling to the festival. From the wrong shoes to not having Chapstick. These small things can turn into nightmares if not done correctly.
I teamed up with Adam Bowman from Media Circus (listen to his past IFH Podcast Episode here). Adam is a true veteran of the Sundance FilmFestival, this year being his seventeenth outing. Between the both of us we have you covered.
Also if you want to get a behind the scenes / backstage pass to the Sundance Film Festival check out #crashsundance during the festival to see all the inside stuff we are creating from the festival.
Take a listen and take some notes. Enjoy and I hope to see you at the Sundance Film Festival this year!
Slamdance / Blackmagic Design Workshop
Join Alex Ferrari as he shares tips and tricks using Blackmagic Design cameras and post-production workflow. He discusses handling the post for Hulu’s Dimension 404, directing the Nerdist/Legendary Digital’s series The S.P.A.A.C.E Program and his debut feature film This is Meg.
The workshop will be on Saturday, January 20th at the Treasure Mountain Inn from 2:30pm-4:30pm, followed by a happy hour.
Slamdance HQ, Screening Rooms, and Filmmaker Lounge
at Treasure Mountain Inn (TMI)
255 Main Street, Park City, Summit County, UT 84060
Hope to see you there.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Sundance Film Festival – Official Site
- Slamdance Film Festival – Official Site
- Heat Packs
- Snow Boots
- Snow Gloves
- Thermal Socks
- Immune Supplements
- Natural Energy Supplements
- Chloyphil (for altitude sickness)
- BlackBox – Make Passive Income From Your Footage
- Filmmaker in a Box – Learn How to Make an Indie Film – 18 Hours+ of Lessons
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Werner Herzog Filmmaking Master Class
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
- IFH MASTERS CIRCLE – Filmmaking Community`
- IFH’s Online Film School
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
BONUS: Filmmaking Resources
- Martin Scorsese’s Film Directing MasterClass
- Ron Howard’s Film Directing MasterClass
- Filmmaking Hacks: Filmmaking Master Course
- Directing Actors Film Workshop
- USC Film School’s ONLY Online Course: Directing the Actor
- Film Lighting MasterClass
- Recording Sound for Indie Film
- The Art of Micro-Budget Filmmaking
- Cinematography MasterClass
- Film Festival Hacks: Submit Like a Pro
- Self-Distributing Your Film Online
If you liked Sundance Film Festival Survival Guide, then you’ll love:
Enjoyed Sundance Film Festival Survival Guide? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
Please note some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase or use a service. Understand that I have experience with all of these services, products, and companies, and I recommend them because they’re extremely helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I earn if you decide to buy something. Thx u!