Personal Branding and Why I Legally Changed My Name
In today’s world, personal branding is more important than ever. I wanted to discuss what personal branding is, how to go about it and examples of how other world-famous filmmakers branded themselves. What is the definition of personal branding?
Personal branding is the practice of marketing people and their careers as brands. It is an ongoing process of developing and maintaining a reputation and impression of an individual, group, or organization. Whereas some self-help practices focus on self-improvement, personal branding defines success as a form of self-packaging. The term is thought to have originated from an article written by Tom Peters in 1997. In Be, Your Own Brand, first published in 1999, marketers David McNally and Karl Speak wrote: “Your brand is a perception or emotion, maintained by somebody other than you, that describes the total experience of having a relationship with you.”
Individuals sometimes associate personal names or pseudonyms with their businesses. Celebrities may also leverage their social status to support organizations for financial or social gain. For example, Kim Kardashian endorses brands and products through her media influence. – Wikipedia
I also discuss why I legally changed my name to Alex Ferrari when I was 18 years old. I hope you start thinking of not only what your personal brand is but also how to build it. Enjoy!
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Building a Story Brand (FREE AUDIOBOOK VERSION)
- Influencer: Building Your Personal Brand in the Age of Social Media (FREE AUDIOBOOK VERSION)
- Introduction to Personal Branding: 10 Steps Toward a New Professional You (FREE AUDIOBOOK VERSION)
- Fake It Till You Make It
- How to Build a Website
- HOLLYSHORTS! TALK – How to Build a Huge Audience For Your Projects and You As a Filmmaker
- Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Indie Film into a Moneymaking Business
- $1 Close Captions for Indie Filmmakers – Rev ($10 Off Your First Order)
- Alex Ferrari’s Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Story) Book- Buy It on Amazon
- Indie Film Hustle TV (Netflix for Filmmakers and Screenwriters)
- Six Secrets to getting into Film Festivals for FREE!
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
If you liked Personal Branding and Why I Legally Changed My Name, then you’ll love:
Enjoyed Personal Branding and Why I Legally Changed My Name? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email, etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
Stuff You Need in Your Life:
IFHTV: Indie Film Hustle TV
Book: Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Indie Film into a Moneymaking Business
Book: Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story)