How to “Fake It Till You Make It”
Today I wanted to discuss the concept of “Fake it till you make it. There are a lot of misconceptions on how to do it properly, when you should or shouldn’t do and if it’s ever a good idea. I can tell you that without faking it till you make it I wouldn’t have gotten anywhere in the film business. Without creating opportunities for yourself it can be impossible to get a leg up in the business.
“You must be the person you have never had the courage to be. Gradually, you will discover that you are that person, but until you can see this clearly, you must pretend and invent.”
I discuss the proper way to fake it till you make it without hurting yourself, your reputation or anyone around you. There is an art to it, trust me. I tell Fake it till you make it stories from my own career, Oscar winners and the mythical story on how Steven Speilberg got his start. Guess what, he faked it too. This will be an eye-opening episode. Still back and enjoy.
If you find value in this episode please share it with someone who needs to hear it.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Alex Ferrari’s Shooting for the Mob Book- Amazon Link
- Indie Film Hustle TV (Netflix for Filmmakers and Screenwriters)
- El Mariachi
- BlackBox – Make Passive Income From Your Footage
- $1 Close Captions for Indie Filmmakers – Rev ($10 Off Your First Order)
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Ron Howard Film Directing Masterclass
- Spike Lee Film Directing Masterclass
- Werner Herzog Filmmaking MasterClass
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting MasterClass
- Mira Nair Independent Filmmaking Masterclass
- David Mamet Dramatic Writing MasterClass
- Shonda Rhimes Masterclass: Learn Television Writing from the Creator of Scandal
- Steve Martin Teaches Comedy Writing & Acting MasterClass
- Annie Leibovitz Masterclass: Learn Photography from the Legend
- Jimmy Chin Masterclass: Learn Adventure Photography
- Judd Apatow Comedy Writing/Directing Masterclass
- Six Secrets to getting into Film Festivals for FREE!
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
If you liked How to Fake It Till You Make It, then you’ll love:
Enjoyed How to Fake It Till You Make It? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
Get Social with Indie Film Hustle:
Please note some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase or use a service. Understand that I have experience with all of these services, products, and companies, and I recommend them because they’re extremely helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I earn if you decide to buy something.