Please Note: Once you press play it will take a few seconds for the episode to start playing.
How to Direct a Sex Scene with John Bucher
We have a special episode today. I wanted to discuss a topic that NEVER gets discussed until minutes before the cameras begin to roll, shooting sex scenes. Loving making or sex scenes are like walking through a field of landmines. I’ve shot these kinds of scenes in my life and it’s just uncomfortable for everyone on set. Today we have a guest who literally wrote a book on the subject, John Bucher.
He is the author of six books including the best-selling Storytelling for Virtual Reality, named by BookAuthority as one of the best storytelling books of all time. John has worked with companies including HBO, DC Comics, The History Channel, A24 Films, The John Maxwell Leadership Foundation and served as a consultant and writer for numerous film, television, and Virtual Reality projects. The book that inspired this episode is A BEST PRACTICE GUIDE TO SEX AND STORYTELLING.
A great deal of storytelling in film and television involves narratives that include sexual situations and nudity. The increased amount of on-line and streaming content outlets has in turn increased the number of narratives that involve these once-taboo subjects. Often, even though directors and producers desire to handle such issues with professionalism, sets become awkward when producing these scenes.
I hope this episode serves as a helpful tool for guiding creators through these waters.
Enjoy my conversation with John Bucher.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- John Bucher – Official Site
- John Bucher – Twitter
- John Bucher – Facebook
- A BEST PRACTICE GUIDE TO SEX AND STORYTELLING
- John’s Bulletproof Screenwriting Interview
- Industry Jump
- BlackBox – Make Passive Income From Your Footage
- $1 Close Captions for Indie Filmmakers – Rev ($10 Off Your First Order)
- Alex Ferrari’s Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Story) Book- Buy It on Amazon
- Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Film into a Moneymaking Business
- Indie Film Hustle TV (Netflix for Filmmakers and Screenwriters)
- Six Secrets to getting into Film Festivals for FREE!
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
If you liked How to Direct a Sex Scene with John Bucher, then you’ll love:
Enjoyed How to Direct a Sex Scene with John Bucher? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email, etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
Stuff You Need in Your Life:
IFHTV: Indie Film Hustle TV
Book: Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Film into a Moneymaking Business
Book: Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story)