HollyShorts: Confessions of a Film Festival Programmer
Have you ever wanted to know what really happens behind the scenes at a top level film festival like the HollyShorts Film Festival? Well this week I kidnapped co-founder and film festival programmer Daniel Sol, tied him up in a darken warehouse and shined a bright light on his face to get the truth out of him.
The interview might not have been that dramatic but Daniel laid down a ton of behind the scenes knowledge bombs for all you Indie Film Hustlers out there.
HollyShorts! and I go way back. My first short film BROKEN played at the very first HollyShorts Film Festival over a decade ago and I’ve been friends with Daniel Sol and Theo Dumont (co-founders) ever since.
They truly care about filmmakers and were named one of the Top 25 film festivals in the world worth the submission fee by Filmmaker Magazine.
Enjoy my candid chat with Daniel Sol from the HollyShorts! Film Festival.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Official Site
- Promo Code for the Monthly Screenings $4 off: indiefilmhustle
- Submissions via Film Freeway Promo Code for $5 off submissions: indiefilmhustle16
- Tickets for HollyShorts!
- Film Festival Hacks: How to Submit Your Film Like a Pro
- Filmmaking Hacks: How to Shoot and Market Your Indie Film
- The Million Dollar Screenplay
- USC Film School’s ONLY On-line Course: Directing the Actor
- Bitpix: www.bitpixtv.com
- FreeFilmBook.com (Your FREE Audio Book)
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
If you like HollyShorts: Confessions of a Film Festival Programmer, then click below:
Film Festival Hacks: Secrets on How to Get Your Film In!
Enjoyed “HollyShorts: Confessions of a Film Festival Programmer w/ Daniel Sol” Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…