Why Facebook Watch is a Game Changer for Indie Filmmakers
The online video landscape is changing on a daily basis. The newest gladiator to step into the ring is Facebook. Facebook is launching Facebook Watch, a new “show tab” that will host original shows produced exclusively for Facebook. Considering that Facebook has 1.32 Billion people who come to the site on a daily basis this is a game changer for filmmakers and content creators.
Facebook Watch will launch with a handful of shows first but they plan to open the platform up to independent filmmakers, production companies, and content creators. They will also be adding REVENUE SHARE option for all content creators. My sources tell me that the revenue will be higher than YouTube. Many are saying that this could be a YouTube killer, only time will tell. Personally, I don’t think Facebook Watch will kill Youtube but it will injure it for sure.
We are living in an “Attention Economy.” Whoever can command the most attention will be successful. Take a listen to the podcast as I go into a bit more detail about Facebook Watch and how indie filmmakers can use it to build their brand and/or companies.
Keep Hustlin and enjoy!
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Facebook Watch – Intro Video
- Facebook Watch – Submission Page
- IFH 074: How to Make Money TODAY Selling Your Indie Film with Amazon Video Direct!
- Apple to spend $1 Billion on Original Video Content
- IFH TV – YouTube Channel
- Hollywood Film & Television Directing Masterclass (EXCLUSIVE 50% OFF)
- Directing Actors Master Course – (30% OFF – CODE: HUSTLE)
- Hollywood Camera Work: Mastering High-End Blocking and Staging (30% OFF – CODE: HUSTLE)
- Werner Herzog’s Filmmaking MasterClass
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
To share your thoughts:
To help the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Soundcloud or via RSS
Enjoyed Why Facebook Watch is a Game Changer for Indie Filmmakers? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
Stuff You Need in Your Life:
IFHTV: Indie Film Hustle TV
Book: Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Indie Film into a Moneymaking Business
Book: Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story)
Please note some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase or use a service. Understand that I have experience with all of these services, products, and companies, and I recommend them because they’re extremely helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I earn if you decide to buy something.