Directing Studio Feature Films in Hollyweird with Demian Lichtenstein
Today’s guest is director Demian Lichtenstein. I had the pleasure of being on a panel with Demian at a film festival a few weeks ago. His generous approach to sharing his experience, knowledge and Hollywood war stories was breathtaking. I had to have him on the show to drop some knowledge and truth bombs on the IFH Tribe.
Demian has amassed a vast body of work in the music video industry since receiving his BFA from New York University in 1988, leading to his current status as a feature film director. Some past projects include directing Music Videos for Sting & Eric Clapton, Grandmaster Caz, Shabba Ranks, Queen Latifah, West of Eden (Best Independent Video/MTV 1987), Cypress Hill, Gloria Estefan, Sony, Warner Bros, Columbia Pictures, MCA, Epic, Island, Atlantic, Tommy Boy, IRS Records, World Hunger Project, and the Multiple Sclerosis Society.
Demian is a member of the DGA (Director’s Guild of America) and was Chairman of the New York Independent Film Coalition for two years and has directed, produced, written, photographed, taped and/or recorded audio on over 225 features, short films, music videos, commercials, and concerts.
Demian Lichtenstein directed the cult class 3000 Miles to Graceland starring Kevin Costner, Kurt Russell, and Christian Slater.
He also shadowed James Cameron on the set of Avatar for a bit but we’ll get into that as well. Enjoy my conversation with Demian Lichtenstein.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Futurism Entertainment
- Demian Lichtenstein – IMDB
- 3000 Miles to Graceland
- Way of the Superior Man
- Diamond Cutter
- BlackBox – Make Passive Income From Your Footage
- VideoBlocks.com – (IFH Discount SAVE $50)
- Filmmaker in a Box – Learn How to Make an Indie Film – 18 Hours+ of Lessons
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Werner Herzog Filmmaking Master Class
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
- IFH MASTERS CIRCLE – Filmmaking Community`
- IFH’s Online Film School
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
BONUS: Filmmaking Resources
- Martin Scorsese’s Film Directing MasterClass
- Ron Howard’s Film Directing MasterClass
- Filmmaking Hacks: Filmmaking Master Course
- Directing Actors Film Workshop
- USC Film School’s ONLY Online Course: Directing the Actor
- Film Lighting MasterClass
- Recording Sound for Indie Film
- The Art of Micro-Budget Filmmaking
- Cinematography MasterClass
- Film Festival Hacks: Submit Like a Pro
- Self-Distributing Your Film Online
If you liked Directing Studio Feature Films in Hollyweird with Demian Lichtenstein,
then you’ll love: How to Build a Pimp’d Out BlackMagic Cinema Camera Rig on the CHEAP!
Enjoyed Directing Studio Features in Hollyweird with Demian Lichtenstein? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…