The BRUTAL & RAW Truth about Indie Filmmaking with Darious Britt
Today on the show we have director, producer, screenwriter, actor and YouTube sensation Darious Britt I had the pleasure of meeting Darious at the Mammoth Film Festival. At the festival, we were snowed in and pretty much stuck in our hotel. We sat down and talked for hours about indie film, his journey, my journey, the state of indie film, fear, setting goals and so much more.
I knew I had to have him on the show to talk shop. What you are about to listen to is a DEEP DIVE into the psychology of a standard indie filmmaker. We break down the brutal and raw truth of what it takes to make it in today’s world.
We also discuss how to build and engage with an audience. His amazing channel D4Darious is a MUST for any and all filmmakers. I’ve been a fan of his work for years. I love his approach and teaching style. Here’s a bit about the man.
He attended film school at the University of Arizona and graduated in May of 2012 with a bachelors in Media production. He toured his short film “Seafood Tester” to four international film festivals including the Oscar-qualifying Aspen Shorts fest in 2012.
Darious created the youtube channel D4Darious, in August of 2013 and it has since grown to over 340,000 subscribers and over 10 million views in five years.
He has toured his first feature film “Unsound” on the film festival circuit screening at over 20 international film festivals, winning 7 awards including best director at The Pan African Film Festival in 2015. He loves telling stories and helping other filmmakers learn the craft to reach their highest potential as storytellers.
Now I warn you, this episode runs nearly two hours but I promise you it will be worth it. I lost count of how many knowledge bombs went off in this episode. Prepare to get your mind BLOWN and enjoy my conversation with Darious Britt.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Darious Britt – Official Site
- Darious Britt – Twitter
- Darious Britt – Youtube
- Darious Britt – Facebook
- Darious Britt – Instagram
- Alex Ferrari’s Shooting for the Mob Book- Amazon Pre-Order Link
- Indie Film Hustle TV (Netflix for Filmmakers and Screenwriters)
- BlackBox – Make Passive Income From Your Footage
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Ron Howard Film Directing Masterclass
- Spike Lee Film Directing Masterclass
- Werner Herzog Filmmaking MasterClass
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting MasterClass
- Mira Nair Independent Filmmaking Masterclass
- David Mamet Dramatic Writing MasterClass
- Shonda Rhimes Masterclass: Learn Television Writing from the Creator of Scandal
- Steve Martin Teaches Comedy Writing & Acting MasterClass
- Annie Leibovitz Masterclass: Learn Photography from the Legend
- Jimmy Chin Masterclass: Learn Adventure Photography
- Judd Apatow Comedy Writing/Directing Masterclass
- Six Secrets to getting into Film Festivals for FREE!
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
If you liked The BRUTAL & RAW Truth about Indie Filmmaking with Darious Britt, then you’ll love:
Enjoyed The BRUTAL & RAW Truth about Indie Filmmaking with Darious Britt? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
Get Social with Indie Film Hustle:
Please note some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase or use a service. Understand that I have experience with all of these services, products, and companies, and I recommend them because they’re extremely helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I earn if you decide to buy something.