Crowdfunding Your Indie Film Like a Pro with Emily Best
Crowdfunding has always been a mystery to me. I never really understood how indie filmmakers could raise $50,000, $100,000 or $1,000,000 to make their films. I tried once with the “if I built they will come” idea but they never came.
When I discovered this weeks guest, Emily Best CEO and founder of the indie film crowdfunding website Seed & Spark, I had to get her on the show. I attempted to squeeze out of her every bit of crowdfunding knowledge I could. We discuss:
- How to create a successful crowdfunding campaign?
- What are the biggest mistake indie filmmakers make when crowdfunding their film?
- How should indie filmmakers crowdsource (building an audience for you or your film)?
- How do indie filmmaker determine how much to ask for when crowdfunding?
- How do you build a killer crowdfunding page and video?
- What incentives should you give when crowdfunding?
- How do you determine if your film has an audience?
All of these question on crowdfunding are answered and more. Seriously this podcast is a condensed master class on crowdfunding. I was selflessly asking the questions I wanted the answers to and now you guys benefit as well. Enjoy!
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE.
- Seed and Spark
- Emily Best’s Twitter
- Emily Best: Crowd funding Your Film Online Course
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
- FreeFilmBook.com (Your FREE Audio Book)
- IFH: Guerilla Film Indie Film School
If you like this show on crowdfunding then watch:
How to Make a Feature Film for $1000 with Mark Duplass
Enjoyed this blog post on crowdfunding like pro with Emily Best? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…