Blair Witch Project: Directing an Indie Film Phenomenon w/ Eduardo Sanchez
Who hasn’t heard of the now legendary indie film rags to riches tale of The Blair Witch Project? Every film student from Los Angeles to Mumbai heard the story of how two young film students spent $27,000 (mostly from friends, family and credit cards) to make a little indie horror film that ended up grossing $250 million worldwide.
Directors Eduardo Sanchez and Daniel Myrick shot The Blair Witch Project in a new way which would later be called “found footage.” Without The Blair Witch Project, there is no Paranormal Activity, No Cloverfield, No The Last Exorcism.
Today’s guest Eduardo Sanchez goes back to the late 90’s and shares his experience on what it was like to be in the center of The Blair Witch Project hurricane. What it was like being on the cover of Time Magazine and how did it feel to be the toast of Hollywood…for a period of time.
We also discuss the aftermath, how his career grew post Blair Witch and crazy stories of Hollyweird. Take a look at the trailer below.
The marketing of The Blair Witch Project was equally as important as the film itself. Below you can watch the FAKE documentary that helped fuel the belief that the Blair Witch Curse was real and that the kids in the movie were dead. Just BRILLIANT marketing!
Enjoy my conversation with Eduardo Sanchez.
As a bonus, check out this cool documentary discussing Blair Witch phenomenon.
Blair Witch Project Phenomenon: Behind the Scenes
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Eduardo Sanchez – Twitter
- The Blair Witch Project
- The Blair Witch: Book of Shadows
- Blair Witch (2016)
- The Blair Witch – Official Website
- Tailorsound.com (IFH TRIBE DISCOUNT 15% OFF – (Just type HUSTLE anywhere in “Post Your Brief” section)
- Filmmaker in a Box – Learn How to Make an Indie Film – 18 Hours+ of Lessons
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Werner Herzog Filmmaking Master Class
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
- IFH MASTERS CIRCLE – Filmmaking Community
- IFH’s Online Film School
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
If you liked Blair Witch Project: Directing an Indie Film Phenomenon w/ Eduardo Sanchez, then click below:
Enjoyed Blair Witch Project: Directing an Indie Film Phenomenon w/ Eduardo Sanchez ? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…