Please Note: Once you press play it will take a few seconds for the episode to start playing.
Confessions of a Producers Rep with Ben Yennie
Today on the show we have returning champion Ben Yennie. Been has the honor of being the very first guest I ever recorded for the IFH Podcast. He is a wealth of information so get ready to take some notes. As Founder and CEO of Guerrilla Rep Media, where I’ve gotten distribution deals for more than 8 films, that will soon be appearing on Starz and other major outlets across the globe.
Ben is also the Founder and Executive Director of Producer Foundry, as well as Producer of more than 50 events on film finance and distribution. He’s worked with people like Lew Horowitz, the inventor of Indiefilm Gap Financing, Jeff Dowd, Executive Producer of Blood Simple, Fern Gully, and inspiration for “The Dude” from the Big Lebowski. Ben co-founded Global Film Ventures, screened business plans and advised the Film Angels and is the former chapter leader for the San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, and Vancouver Chapters of the Institute for International Film Financing. And screened business plans for the Film Angels.
Ben has also worked in the tech industry. Co-Founder of ProductionNext, a new set of next-generation tools designed specifically for the Movie industry. Previously, he’s been VP of Sales for Taal, a Mobile video interview platform for the hospitality industry.
He is also the author of The Guerrilla Rep: American Film Market Distribution Success on No Budget, The First ever book on Film Markets and used as a text at about 10 film schools. He has also contributed to Office for One, a Sole Proprietor survival guide, and is the author of the upcoming book “The Entrepreneurial Filmmaker.” He also manages the blogs for ProducerFoundry.com and TheGuerrillaRep.com.
Enjoy my conversation with Ben Yennie.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- IFH 015: American Film Market: Selling Your Independent Film with Ben Yennie
- Ben Yennie – Production Next
- Ben Yennie – Twitter
- Official Site – The Guerilla Rep
- Producers Foundary
- The Guerilla Rep: American Film Market Distribution Success on No Budget – FREE AUDIO BOOK VERSION
- The Entrepreneurial Producer: A Series of Articles on Growing your Filmmaking Career
- Producer’s Foundry Film Marketing Workshops
- American Film Market
- On the Corner of Ego and Desire May 25, 2019 – Newfilmmakers LA
- Alex Ferrari’s Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Story) Book- Buy It on Amazon
- Indie Film Hustle TV (Netflix for Filmmakers and Screenwriters)
- Indie Film Distribution Course: Secrets to Selling Your Film
- BlackBox – Make Passive Income From Your Footage
- TalNexus Short Film Contest (FREE SUBMISSION) $10,000 Prize
- $1 Close Captions for Indie Filmmakers – Rev ($10 Off Your First Order)
- David Lynch Filmmaking Masterclass
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Ron Howard Film Directing Masterclass
- Spike Lee Film Directing Masterclass
- Werner Herzog Filmmaking MasterClass
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting MasterClass
- Mira Nair Independent Filmmaking Masterclass
- David Mamet Dramatic Writing MasterClass
- Shonda Rhimes Masterclass: Learn Television Writing from the Creator of Scandal
- Steve Martin Teaches Comedy Writing & Acting MasterClass
- Annie Leibovitz Masterclass: Learn Photography from the Legend
- Jimmy Chin Masterclass: Learn Adventure Photography
- Judd Apatow Comedy Writing/Directing Masterclass
- Six Secrets to getting into Film Festivals for FREE!
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
If you liked Confessions of a Producers Rep with Ben Yennie, then you’ll love:
Enjoyed Confessions of a Producers Rep with Ben Yennie? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
Stuff You Need in Your Life:
IFHTV: Indie Film Hustle TV
Book: Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Indie Film into a Moneymaking Business
Book: Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story)