Directing Films for Netflix and Mark Duplass with Alex Lehmann
Today on the show we have returning champion director Alex Lehmann. I asked him back on the show to discuss his new Netflix film Paddleton starring indie film legend Mark Duplass and Ray Ramano. Paddleton is about an unlikely friendship between two misfit neighbors becomes an unexpectedly emotional journey when one of them is diagnosed with terminal cancer.
I know, it sounds hilarious. The film is beautiful, touching an actually pretty funny. I wanted Alex to come back on the show (Listen here to Alex’s first appearance on the show) to discuss the process of working with Mark Duplass and Ray Ramano and to breakdown how a Netflix feature film is shot using a Scriptment and not a traditional screenplay.
We also discuss his other amazing film Asperger’s Are Us and how making that passion project led to him working with Mark.
This is an inspirational talk with some knowledge bombs thrown in. Enjoy my conversation with the talented and ever humble Alex Lehmann.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Alex Lehmann – Twitter
- Alex Lehmann – IMDB
- Paddleton – IMDB
- Asperger’s Are Us
- Mark Duplass: SXSW Keynote Speech
- Alex Ferrari’s Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Story) Book- Buy It on Amazon
- Indie Film Hustle TV (Netflix for Filmmakers and Screenwriters)
- Leave a Review for the Podcast
- Industry Jump
- BlackBox – Make Passive Income From Your Footage
- $1 Close Captions for Indie Filmmakers – Rev ($10 Off Your First Order)
- David Lynch Filmmaking Masterclass
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Ron Howard Film Directing Masterclass
- Spike Lee Film Directing Masterclass
- Werner Herzog Filmmaking MasterClass
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting MasterClass
- Shonda Rhimes Masterclass: Learn Television Writing from the Creator of Scandal
- Six Secrets to getting into Film Festivals for FREE!
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
If you liked Directing Films for Netflix and Mark Duplass with Alex Lehmann, then you’ll love:
Enjoyed Directing Films for Netflix and Mark Duplass with Alex Lehmann? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email, etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
IFHTV: Indie Film Hustle TV
Podcast: IFH Podcast
Podcast: Bulletproof Screenwriting Podcast
Book: Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story)