Artlist, the creative technology company with innovative post-production software and over 1M digital assets available to license, announces today the introduction of the first software release under the FXhome by Artlist brand, an upgraded video, VFX, and image editing program with improvements and new subscription plans. FXhome was acquired in 2021 as part of Artlist’s mission to increase the value of its products. This represents the first and significant move to align the FXhome by Artlist brand with its parent company’s vision.
This new features and business model will make Artlist’s line of software products more usable and cost-effective than ever before and break down barriers for digital creators, which has been the company’s goal since it was founded. As part of the overhaul, Artlist has integrated part of its high-quality digital assets directly into the software to have it accessible to anyone using it and added four new subscription tiers for FXhome by Artlist’s products:
- Free: The basic video editing tools on HitFilm are 100% free, unlimited exports up to HD, and the option to download 10 royalty-free songs, 25 sound effects, and 5 templates.
- Creator: Designed for rising independent creators and includes access to advanced video & image editing tools, HitFilm Creator and Imerge Creator, in addition to unlimited exports up to 4K UHD, 100 royalty-free songs, 100 sound effects, and 25 templates.
- Pro: Geared towards a higher level of creators, the Pro tier includes unlimited access to HitFilm Pro, Imerge Pro, Mocha HitFilm, BorisFX 3D Objects, Foundry 3D Camera Tracker, and unlimited exports up to 8K, in addition to 200 royalty-free songs, 200 sound effects, and 50 templates.
- Enterprise: Offers creative solutions tailored to an organization’s specific needs for bundling pro software and content with customized terms and licensing agreements.Since community guidance and usability are at the core of Artlist’s mission, all paid tiers will offer new and improved features. These include a Learn Panel with useful video tutorials and a Creative Library with music and footage from Artlist – the licensed assets available as part of every subscription tier.This shift towards a subscription model will allow a wide range of beginner creators to use video editing tools and software, however creators who would still rather make a one-time purchase of HitFilm, CamTrackAR, or any other of FXhome by Artlist products (accessible into perpetuity) will still be able to do so. Existing users won’t lose access to their perpetual licenses, which
Artlist will continue to support and maintain. Those users can, of course, still upgrade to the new version of HitFilm to receive all the latest features and updates.
“We’ve been user-first since the beginning, and our decision to introduce this product upgrade is rooted in that. It was so important to us to do this in a way that stays true to users who prefer our existing model but expands affordability and accessibility,”
says Josh Davies, VP Software of Artlist and Founder of FXhome.
“HitFilm, CamTrackAR, Imerge, and the rest of the programs we provide are already tailor-made for creators. Now the purchasing model is too.”
“We’re excited to launch our very first Artlist release under the FXhome by Artlist brand, aligned under our signature revolutionary subscription-based model,”
says Ira Belsky, Co-Founder and Co-CEO of Artlist.
“We’ve seen a major paradigm shift towards subscription models throughout the content creation industry and the creator economy over the last few years due in large part to the subscription models we introduced and implemented years ago across Artlist’s asset catalogs. We know from experience that increasing product value and implementing flexible purchase plans are the best way to meet independent creators in all career levels. We want all of them to have access to these amazing offerings.”
To celebrate the launch, Artlist is offering special discount pricing for all paid tiers, with discounts up to 23% off:
- Creator will be available at a $9.99 monthly subscription and a $74.99 annual subscription; then $12.99 monthly and $89.99 annually after the promotion period
Pro will be available at a $15.99 monthly subscription and a $119.99 annual subscription; then $19.99 monthly and $149.99 annually after the promotion period
Learn more about the new subscription tiers:
This is a sponsored post
Artlist is a leading creative technology company offering content creators powerful video and image editing software, and over 900,000 professional digital assets under a revolutionary, global license that covers every project worldwide.
In its mission to empower people to tell stories through video, Artlist offers four products: Artlist.io, a royalty-free music and SFX platform; Artgrid.io, a curated stock footage platform; MotionArray.com, an all-in-one marketplace for creators including video templates, presets, music, SFX, stock footage, motion graphics, and stock photos; and FXhome by Artlist, a cutting-edge video, VFX and image editing software. Artlist works with a growing team of contributors across the globe, updating its catalogs daily with fresh content while preserving a consistently high level of quality across its media and platforms.
Since its founding in 2016, Artlist has revolutionized the industry by offering subscription-based products under an unmatched license, and is becoming the ultimate 360-degree solution for content creators. Recognized as a top startup by LinkedIn and WIRED, Artlist counts Google, Apple, Nike, Coca-Cola, Ikea, Mercedes, Samsung, Wix, Netflix, Dior, and many more among its 17 million clients.