Social Media: How to Use It to Sell Your Film
Social media is a mystery to most filmmakers. It’s really easy to get lost in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumblr, Youtube, SnapChat, Periscope, or any of the hundreds of other social media platforms available online.
With so many choices and platforms to learn many of us just don’t even bother but for those that take the time to educate themselves on social media and it’s power the rewards can be HUGE.
Marketing an indie film today without including social media is crazy. To watch how Star Wars: The Force Awakens leveraged social media in their marketing campaign was like watching Bobby Fisher play chess…masterful.
In this episode I give you a few tips on how to use social media to build your brand, sell your product or promote your film. I also introduce my new social media mega online course: Twitter Hacks for Filmmakers: How to Get 10,000 True Fans in 10 Weeks
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Twitter Hacks for Filmmakers: 10,000 True Fans in 10 Weeks – Click Here
- IFH: Filmmaking Hacks
- USC Film School’s ONLY On-line Course: Directing the Actor
- Indie Film Hustle TV (Netflix for Filmmakers and Screenwriters)
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Ron Howard Film Directing Masterclass
- Spike Lee Film Directing Masterclass
- Werner Herzog Filmmaking MasterClass
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting MasterClass
- Mira Nair Independent Filmmaking Masterclass
- David Mamet Dramatic Writing MasterClass
- Shonda Rhimes Masterclass: Learn Television Writing from the Creator of Scandal
- Steve Martin Teaches Comedy Writing & Acting MasterClass
- Annie Leibovitz Masterclass: Learn Photography from the Legend
- Jimmy Chin Masterclass: Learn Adventure Photography
- Judd Apatow Comedy Writing/Directing Masterclass
- Six Secrets to getting into Film Festivals for FREE!
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
If you like this show take a listen to:
Marketing Star Wars: 5 Secrets Indie Filmmakers Can Learn
Enjoyed “11 Ways on How to Use Social Media to Sell Your Indie Film” Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
Please note some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase or use a service. Understand that I have experience with all of these services, products, and companies, and I recommend them because they’re extremely helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I earn if you decide to buy something.