Please Note: Once you press play it will take a few seconds for the episode to start playing.
The Art of Micro-Budget Filmmaking with Noam Kroll
Today on the show we have the writer, director, post guru, and podcaster Noam Kroll. Noam has directed a killer micro-budget feature film called Shadows on the Road. In this episode, we discuss how he shot this extreme micro-budget film and still made it look gorgeous. Noam also runs a great podcast and blog that helps indie filmmakers. You can find links to his sites below in the show notes. Here’s a bit about Shadows on the Road.
After potentially killing her attacker in the midst of a violent altercation, Zoe – a runaway youth – befriends Silver, a charming beach dweller, who offers to drive her to the Mexican border and help her make an escape. As their journey unfolds, the blossoming relationship between the two is threatened by Zoe’s dark past, which not only haunts her but puts both of their lives in jeopardy.
Here’s some more info on Noam Kroll:
Noam Kroll is an LA-based filmmaker here to share my thoughts, experience, and perspective on all things film with you. He has worked in the film and television industry in many different capacities over the years, but primarily as a director, cinematographer, and colorist. He got his start by writing and directing his own short film content which led him to work on music videos, advertising campaigns, and eventually feature film work.
Noam’s approach to filmmaking has always been quite hands on given my background in cinematography and post-production, which has led him to DP and edit many of his own projects. While he continually develops his own passion projects, Noam also spent much of his time assisting other filmmakers in the creation of their films. Through his production company, Creative Rebellion.
Enjoy my conversation with Noam Kroll.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Noam Kroll – Official Site
- Noam Kroll – Podcast
- Noam Kroll – Creative Rebellion (Production Company)
- Shadows on the Road
- Alex Ferrari’s Shooting for the Mob Book- Amazon Pre-Order Link
- Indie Film Hustle TV (Netflix for Filmmakers and Screenwriters)
- BlackBox – Make Passive Income From Your Footage
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Ron Howard Film Directing Masterclass
- Spike Lee Film Directing Masterclass
- Werner Herzog Filmmaking MasterClass
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting MasterClass
- Mira Nair Independent Filmmaking Masterclass
- David Mamet Dramatic Writing MasterClass
- Shonda Rhimes Masterclass: Learn Television Writing from the Creator of Scandal
- Steve Martin Teaches Comedy Writing & Acting MasterClass
- Annie Leibovitz Masterclass: Learn Photography from the Legend
- Jimmy Chin Masterclass: Learn Adventure Photography
- Judd Apatow Comedy Writing/Directing Masterclass
- Six Secrets to getting into Film Festivals for FREE!
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
If you liked The Art of Micro-Budget Filmmaking with Noam Kroll, then you’ll love:
Enjoyed The Art of Micro-Budget Filmmaking with Noam Kroll? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
Stuff You Need in Your Life:
IFHTV: Indie Film Hustle TV
Book: Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Indie Film into a Moneymaking Business
Book: Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story)