How to Make a Killer Horror Film in One Location with Michael Williams
If you have a micro or no budget feature film shooting in one location will make life a lot easier. Now, how do you make that one location look great and not boring through your film? Indie Filmmaker Michael Williams did just that with his new horror film The Atoning. Check out the trailer below.
Michael Williams began creating short films in 2004 and since has consistently produced short films and screened them for audiences at annual film festivals and screenings across the U.S.
Williams earned his bachelor of arts in film in 2009 from the University of Southern Mississippi and was awarded the Top Film Student of 2009 Award. In 2007 Williams began his professional film career, accumulating a multitude of credits ranging from assistant camera to director of photography for many independent short and feature-length films.
After writing, directing and producing more than 20 short films, Williams broke into the feature-length film territory with the award-winning film “OzLand“. While his desire to tell complex stories visually drew him to a career in cinematography, as an artist and storyteller, Williams writes and directs films like “OzLand” in order to share his stories with those interested in experiencing them while eagerly pursuing the opportunity to bring other people’s stories to life as a director of photography.
For his 2nd feature film, Williams turned to the horror/supernatural thriller genre for “The Atoning”, an award-winning family drama explored through a fresh take on the thriller/horror genre.
Today, the filmmaker owns and operates Shendopen films in West Point, Mississippi and continues to write and direct his own independent films, produce films by other regional filmmakers and works regionally in the industry as a director of photography. Enjoy my conversation with Michael Williams.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Official Site
- The Atoning
- Michael Williams – Facebook
- Michael Williams – YouTube
- Buy This is Meg on iTunes
- VideoBlocks.com – (IFH Discount SAVE $50)
- Martin Scorsese Teaches Film Directing Masterclass
- FREE Movie Trailer Editing Course
- Hollywood Film & Television Directing Masterclass (EXCLUSIVE 50% OFF)
- Directing Actors Master Course – (30% OFF – CODE: HUSTLE)
- Get Your Film on Netflix, Hulu & Amazon & Keep 100% of the Revenue – Distribber
- Hollywood Camera Work: Mastering High-End Blocking and Staging (30% OFF – CODE: HUSTLE)
- IFH Masters Circle Filmmaking Community
- IFH’s Online Film School
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
To share your thoughts:
To help the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe to the Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Soundcloud or via RSS
If you liked How to Make a Killer Horror Film in One Location with Michael Williams, check out:
Enjoyed How to Make a Killer Horror Film in One Location with Michael Williams? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email, etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…