Fighting the Good Indie Film Fight with Mark Polish
Today on the show we have writer, director, author, actor, and all-around indie film pioneer Mark Polish. Mark and his brother Michael Polish (listen to his interview here) are well known for their films, Twin Falls Idaho, Jackpot (the world’s first digital feature film, yes they beat George Lucas by a few months), The Astronaut Farmer starring Billy Bob Thornton and one of my favorite indie films ever For Lovers Only (Available on IFHTV).
His new film Headlock (aka Against the Clock, more on that later in the interview) is out in theaters and VOD.
Also, do yourself a favor and read his amazing filmmaking book The Declaration of Independent Filmmaking which is easily one of my favorite filmmaking books of all time.
Mark and I discuss his career, the challenges of maintaining your creative vision and working within and out of the Hollywood system. We also discuss how Sundance has radically changed over the years and some of his horror stories when shooting and distributing his films.
Enjoy my epic conversation with Mark Polish.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Mark Polish – IMDB
- Mark Polish – Official Website
- Mark Polish – Twitter
- The Declaration of Independent Filmmaking
- For Lovers Only
- Twin Falls Idaho
- The Astronaut Farmer
- Filmaka – $30,000 Web Series Competition
- Shooting for the Mob – Amazon Link
- Indie Film Hustle TV (Netflix for Filmmakers and Screenwriters)
- BlackBox – Make Passive Income From Your Footage
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Ron Howard Film Directing Masterclass
- Spike Lee Film Directing Masterclass
- Werner Herzog Filmmaking MasterClass
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting MasterClass
- Mira Nair Independent Filmmaking Masterclass
- David Mamet Dramatic Writing MasterClass
- Shonda Rhimes Masterclass: Learn Television Writing from the Creator of Scandal
- Steve Martin Teaches Comedy Writing & Acting MasterClass
- Annie Leibovitz Masterclass: Learn Photography from the Legend
- Jimmy Chin Masterclass: Learn Adventure Photography
- Judd Apatow Comedy Writing/Directing Masterclass
- Six Secrets to getting into Film Festivals for FREE!
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
If you liked Fighting the Good Indie Film Fight with Mark Polish, then you’ll love:
Enjoyed Fighting the Good Indie Film Fight with Mark Polish? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
Stuff You Need in Your Life:
IFHTV: Indie Film Hustle TV
Book: Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Indie Film into a Moneymaking Business
Book: Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story)