Please Note: Once you press play it will take a few seconds for the episode to start playing.
Selling 10K DVDs and Building an Indie Filmmaking Empire with Mark Harris
Today on the show we have Filmtrepreneur Mark Harris. Mark is a self-taught filmmaker. His movies have been distributed by major distributors and he’s self-distributed many of his earlier films and sold hundreds of thousands of copies in the US and overseas. Mark was born and raised in the Englewood community of Chicago.
The same community Bermic Mac, Jennifer Hudson, Lorraine Hansberry, Janet Hubert, and Derek Rose are from. Mark is the Founder of 1555Filmworks a film production company that produces feature films and he’s the Founder of the Englewood International Film Festival. Englewood is known as one of the most dangerous places to live in the United States. The crime rate, although reported most frequently, can not overshadow the hope for the future of this Chicago area. The goal of The Englewood International Film Festival is to change the imaging and condition of the people in Englewood.
I had a ball talking shop with Mark. Without a doubt, he is an Indie Film Hustler and the living embodiment of a Filmtrepreneur.
Enjoy my inspiring conversation with Mark Harris.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- $1 Closed Captions for Indie Filmmakers – Rev ($10 Off Your First Order)
- Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story)
- Shooting for the Mob – FREE AUDIOBOOK VERSION
REAL-WORLD STREAMING FILM EDUCATION
- Indie Film Hustle TV (Streaming Real-World Film Education)
- Hollywood Film School: Filmmaking & TV Directing Masterclass
- Filmmaker in a Box – Learn How to Make an Indie Film – 18 Hours+ of Lessons
- Storytelling Blueprint: Hero’s Two Journeys
- The Dialogue Series: 38 hours of Lessons from Top Hollywood Screenwriters
WATCH THE FILMS
- Indie Film Hustle® Podcast
- Filmtrepreneur® Podcast
- Bulletproof Screenwriting® Podcast
- Six Secrets to getting into Film Festivals for FREE!
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
If you liked Selling 10K DVDs and Building an Indie Filmmaking Empire with Mark Harris, then you’ll love:
Enjoyed Selling 10K DVDs and Building an Indie Filmmaking Empire with Mark Harris? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email, etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
Stuff You Need in Your Life:
IFHTV: Indie Film Hustle TV
Book: Rise of the Filmtrepreneur®: How to Turn Your Indie Film into a Moneymaking Business
Book: Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Filmmaking Story)