IFH 199: How to Go From a 6K Micro-Budget to Directing a 100K Feature Film with Joshua Caldwell
Ever wondered what happens to those directors who make a micro-budget feature film? Do they ever sell that film? Do they ever get to direct a feature film again? Today guest is filmmaker Joshua Caldwell, a rare returning filmmaker on the show.
He directed a $6000 feature film called Layover. Check out the trailer below. You can listen to his first episode in the links below.
I wanted to bring Joshua back to discuss how he leveraged that first micro-budget feature film to get a shot of directing his new $100,000 feature Negative. Check out the trailer below.
We also discuss how he brought his micro-budget mentality to a larger budget film, how he used guerilla filmmaking techniques to get the biggest bang for his buck. Prepare for some knowledge bombs. Enjoy my conversation with Joshua Caldwell.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- IFH 121: Joshua Caldwell – The Art of the $6000 Feature Film
- Official Website
- Joshua Caldwell – IMDB
- Joshua Caldwell – Twitter
- Joshua Caldwell – Vimeo
- Be Somebody
- Michael Polish – How to Make Money Selling a No Budget DSLR Indie Film
- This is Meg – Feature Film
- VideoBlocks.com – (IFH Discount SAVE $50)
- Tailorsound.com (IFH TRIBE DISCOUNT 15% OFF – (Just type HUSTLE anywhere in “Post Your Brief” section)
- Filmmaker in a Box – Learn How to Make an Indie Film – 18 Hours+ of Lessons
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Werner Herzog Filmmaking Master Class
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
- IFH MASTERS CIRCLE – Filmmaking Community`
- IFH’s Online Film School
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
BONUS: Filmmaking Resources
- Werner Herzog’s Filmmaking MasterClass
- Filmmaking Hacks: Filmmaking Master Course
- Directing Actors Film Workshop
- USC Film School’s ONLY Online Course: Directing the Actor
- Film Lighting MasterClass
- Recording Sound for Indie Film
- The Art of Micro-Budget Filmmaking
- Cinematography MasterClass
- Film Festival Hacks: Submit Like a Pro
- Self-Distributing Your Film Online
If you liked How to Go From a 6K Micro Budget to Directing a 100K Feature Film with Joshua Caldwell,
then you’ll love: How to Build a Pimp’d Out BlackMagic Cinema Camera Rig on the CHEAP!
Enjoyed How to Go FromMicro-BudgetBudget to Directing a 100K Feature Film with Joshua Caldwell? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…