Making Indie Films as a BLIND Director with Gough from Beernuts Productions
Today’s guest gough, from Berrnuts Productions, really doesn’t let anything get in his way. When the rest of us are making excuses on why we can’t do this or that this legally BLIND director is making films he wants to make. You heard correctly, gough is legally blind and yet he’s a prolific film director running a production company, with employees I might add, and doing it his way. He has shot 14 short films and 1 feature film.
He’s a true inspiration to any filmmaker out there who says they can’t do it. When you listen to his story you will see what an amazing journey he has had to get to this point.
Here’s a bit on gough and his company:
Beernuts Productions is Australia’s most exciting and innovative production company. Founded by gough in 2006, Beernuts Productions has set out to prove itself as a prolific producer of contemporary, cutting-edge and award-winning cinema, television, downloads and books with a wide range of topics and projects to be undertaken.
“I Will Not Go Quietly” was Beernuts Productions first feature film project, a documentary discussing the important topics of mental health and disability. gough is the first legally blind person to write, produce, edit, direct and star in a feature filmmaking this project a world first. Since then gough has gone on to write, produce and direct many other projects, including a number of films, audio downloads, and books. Beernuts Productions has worked with some of Australia’s finest actors, artists, and production crew, helping make all content on the Beernuts Productions website world class.
Beernuts Productions also has numerous other projects in development and prides itself on its diversity and challenging range of topics and projects were undertaken, clearly demonstrating Beernuts Productions skills, fortitude and determination to entertain no matter the genre.
Enjoy my inspirational conversation with filmmaker gough.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Soundstripe.com – Find the Perfect Song for Your Project (DISCOUNT CODE: IFH – 10% discount off of a membership)
- BlackBox – Make Passive Income From Your Footage
- Studio Unknown Audio Post – Mention the IFH podcast, and you’ll receive 50% off one day of ADR
- How to Shoot and Direct an Improvised Feature Film in 24 hours
- Filmmaker in a Box – Learn How to Make an Indie Film
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Ron Howard Film Directing Masterclass
- Judd Apatow Comedy Writing/Directing Masterclass
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
BONUS: Filmmaking Resources
- Martin Scorsese’s Film Directing MasterClass
- Ron Howard’s Film Directing MasterClass
- Filmmaking Hacks: Filmmaking Master Course
- Directing Actors Film Workshop
- USC Film School’s ONLY Online Course: Directing the Actor
- Film Lighting MasterClass
- Recording Sound for Indie Film
- The Art of Micro-Budget Filmmaking
- Cinematography MasterClass
- Film Festival Hacks: Submit Like a Pro
- Self-Distributing Your Film Online
If you liked Making Indie Films as a BLIND Director with Gough from Beernuts Productions,
then you’ll love:
Enjoyed Making Indie Films as a BLIND Director with Gough from Beernuts Productions? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…