Breaking Bad Pilot: How to Write the Perfect TV Pilot
In my opinion, the Breaking Bad pilot is by far is as perfect as a television show as has ever been produced. The genius behind Walter White’s adventures into dealing meth is creator Vince Gillian. After watching the pilot episode of Breaking Bad I was hooked. Years later I wanted to really break down what Vince Gillian was able to tap into when crafting the series.
The good folks over at Lessons from the Screenplay created this AMAZING video breaking down the Breaking Bad pilot episode. If you want to become a screenwriter not only do you need to watch the video below but you NEED to turn on Netflix and binge the entire series of Breaking Bad.
Breaking Bad is celebrated as one of the best TV shows of all time—but every series has to start somewhere. This video looks at how the structure of the pilot episode sets up everything the audience needs to know about the series.
Created by Vince Gilligan
Starring Bryan Cranston, Anna Gunn, Aaron Paul, Betsy Brandt, RJ Mitte, Dean Norris
Support LFTS channel: http://patreon.com/LFTScreenplay
Read the entire Breaking Bad Pilot here: Breaking Bad Teleplay
BREAKING BAD Pilot Script Analysis – Pilot Episode
BREAKING BAD Pilot Script Analysis – Opening Hook & Unresolvable Dilemma
Honest Trailers – Breaking Bad
BONUS: Some of the BEST Online Screenwriting Courses & Books available:
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting MasterClass
- Jim Uhls’ (Writer of Fight Club) The Screenwriters Toolkit
- Paul Castro’s The MILLION DOLLAR BUSINESS OF SCREENWRITING
- Paul Castro’s The Million Dollar Screenplay
- Stephanie Palmer’s Good in a Room – FREE AUDIO BOOK VERSION
- Michael Hauge’s & Chris Vogler’s Screenwriting & Story Blueprint: The Hero’s Two Journeys
- Karl Igelsias’s Writing for Emotional Impact – FREE AUDIO BOOK VERSIONS HERE
- Save the Cat!® The Last Book on Screenwriting You’ll Ever Need – FREE AUDIO BOOK VERSION
- Linda Seger’s Making A Good Script Great – FREE AUDIO BOOK VERSION
Enjoyed Breaking Bad Pilot: How to Write the Perfect TV Pilot? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…