The AFM Wrap Up (Indie Film Hustle Edition)
I had the pleasure of attending this year’s AFM (The American Film Market). This was my first time actually walking the entire market. I met a ton of people, made great connections and really got the inside look at how films are sold internationally.
In this episode, I discuss the major takes away from AFM, what an indie distribution pipeline looks like, and why EVERY filmmaker in the world that ever wants to sell an indie film needs to attend. Enjoy!
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Attending AFM
- How to Work with AFM
- ASK ALEX Show – Submit Your Questions – Email: ifhsubmissions (at) Gmail (dot) com
- The Guerilla Rep: AFM Distribution Success on No Budget
- Marché du Film (associated with Cannes International Film Festival)
- European Film Market (EFM, associated with the Berlin International Film Festival)
- Hong Kong International Film & TV Market (FILMART)
- Hot Docs (For Documentaries)
- Independent Film Week / Project Forum (formerly known as IFP Market)
- TIFFCOM (Content Market at the Tokyo International Film Festival)
- Producer’s Foundry Film Marketing Workshops
- Tailorsound.com (IFH TRIBE DISCOUNT 15% OFF – (Just type HUSTLE anywhere in “Post Your Brief” section)
- Filmmaker in a Box – Learn How to Make an Indie Film – 18 Hours+ of Lessons
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Werner Herzog Filmmaking Master Class
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
- IFH MASTERS CIRCLE – Filmmaking Community
- IFH’s Online Film School
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
If you liked How to Sell Your Indie Film at the American Film Market with Johnathan Wolf, then click below:
Enjoyed How to Sell Your Indie Film at the American Film Market with Johnathan Wolf? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…