Weekly Motivation: Don’t Let Your Filmmaking Spark Go Out
Every week I’ll be posting new videos as part of my Weekly Motivation Series to help the #IFHTribe along their filmmaking or screenwriting path. We all need some help, guidance, motivation or inspiration on our long journey in this crazy business so I hope these video help in a small way.
If you like this please share it with your friends and inner circle. Keep on hustling and never give up on that dream!
And if you’re reading to this, you’ve still got that spark. You still got a little flame in you. There’s a difference between having a goal. ‘Cause when you have a goal, you need the motivation to get to that goal. But when you have a mission, you have a calling, it pulls you forward. And I’ve discovered mine. My calling, my mission in life. And I’m sure you guys have sensed it. I love doing what I do. I love helping the tribe. I love educating. I love making my movies the way I wanna make them. It all feeds into each other.
I want you to ask yourself what is my calling? What is my mission? Doesn’t have to be huge. It doesn’t have to be monstrous. Your calling could be I’m a writer. Your calling is I’m a filmmaker and I’m gonna make some sort of movies that are going to entertain, educate, enlighten, raise the consciousness of people who watch it. It could be any of those things.
I wanna make movies that scare people. That’s my calling. I wanna give people that thrill. That’s a mission. That’s a calling. That’s stuff that you don’t need motivation for. And when you have a calling, you have a mission, fear goes away. It can’t compete in that room. You’ve gotta get to that place, guys. Don’t let that spark go out. Please don’t let that spark go out.
Need more inspiration? Check out my new book Shooting for the Mob (Based on the Incredible True Story)
Music by: Soundstripe (The Official Music Library of Indie Film Hustle)
Footage by: Film/Pac
- $1 Close Captions for Indie Filmmakers – Rev ($10 Off Your First Order)
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Ron Howard Film Directing Masterclass
- Spike Lee Film Directing Masterclass
- Werner Herzog Filmmaking MasterClass
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting MasterClass
- Mira Nair Independent Filmmaking Masterclass
- David Mamet Dramatic Writing MasterClass
- Shonda Rhimes Masterclass: Learn Television Writing from the Creator of Scandal
- Steve Martin Teaches Comedy Writing & Acting MasterClass
- Annie Leibovitz Masterclass: Learn Photography from the Legend
- Jimmy Chin Masterclass: Learn Adventure Photography
- Judd Apatow Comedy Writing/Directing Masterclass
- Six Secrets to getting into Film Festivals for FREE!
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
If you liked week’s motivational video, then you’ll love:
Enjoyed week’s motivational video? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
Get Social with Indie Film Hustle:
Please note some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase or use a service. Understand that I have experience with all of these services, products, and companies, and I recommend them because they’re extremely helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I earn if you decide to buy something.