Theatrical Self Distribution of Indie Films Made Easy with Tugg
I know it’s most indie filmmaker’s dream to have their film screen theatrically around the world. I know I always love seeing my work on the big screen. There’s a magical thing about the silver screen but alas that dream was out of reach for most indie filmmakers until now.
If you haven’t heard of the remarkable “game-changing” company TUGG, you are in for a treat. TUGG is cinema on-demand for indie films. The web-based platform allows you to self distribute your feature film around the country with no money upfront.
That’s right no upfront costs. You only pay when you have a screening booked.
Once a necessary amount of people commit to attending, the event will be confirmed, and TUGG will reserve the theater, manage to ticket and ensure delivery of the film; allowing the audience to sit back and enjoy the show while the indie filmmaker counts the cash.
“Every film speaks to a different person, and the most exciting thing about TUGG is that it allows for audiences to find their films and films to find their audiences. We are eager to offer a platform that enables studios, filmmakers and exhibitors to have unprecedented interaction with communities and influencers,”
…said co-founders Gonda and Gonzalez. You might ask:
“What kind of movie theaters does TUGG have in its network?”
TUGG has access to over 90% of ALL the screens in the United States. Theater chains like:
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema
- AMC Theatres
- Bow Tie Cinemas
- Cinemark Theatres
- Goodrich Quality Cinemas
- Rave Cinemas
- Regal Cinemas
Just listen to this what Alamo Drafthouse CEO/Founder Tim League had to say about TUGG:
“As the creators were first showing me TUGG, I had the same sensation I had when I first started using Facebook. This was a brilliant, well-executed concept that could really change things for our business in a significant way,”
In this episode, we speak to Felicia Pride, Director of Independent Film LA at TUGG. She sits down with us and discusses all things TUGG, theatrical distribution, and indie film. Be prepared to have your mind ROCKED!
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- T U G G.com
- Hacking Crowdfunding: How 6 Crowdfunding Experts Raised Over $1m
- Six Secrets to getting into Film Festivals for FREE!
- FreeFilmBook.com (Your FREE Audio Book)
- Indie Film Hustle TV (Netflix for Filmmakers and Screenwriters)
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Ron Howard Film Directing Masterclass
- Spike Lee Film Directing Masterclass
- Werner Herzog Filmmaking MasterClass
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting MasterClass
- Mira Nair Independent Filmmaking Masterclass
- David Mamet Dramatic Writing MasterClass
- Shonda Rhimes Masterclass: Learn Television Writing from the Creator of Scandal
- Steve Martin Teaches Comedy Writing & Acting MasterClass
- Annie Leibovitz Masterclass: Learn Photography from the Legend
- Jimmy Chin Masterclass: Learn Adventure Photography
- Judd Apatow Comedy Writing/Directing Masterclass
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
If you like this show then watch:
How to Crowdfund Your Indie Film Like a Pro with Emily Best
Enjoyed this podcast on Theatrical Self Distribution of Indie Films Made Easy? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
Please note some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase or use a service. Understand that I have experience with all of these services, products, and companies, and I recommend them because they’re extremely helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I earn if you decide to buy something.