Please note: Throwback Fridays are archival episodes from the Indie Film Hustle Podcast. After many requests from the IFH Tribe to bring back some of the show’s best episodes, I decided to create Throwback Fridays. These episodes will not be posted every week but at least twice a month…if not more.
There’s so much amazing info and knowledge bombs in many of these past episodes and I don’t want them to be lost in the sea of IFH Content so I’ll be putting a spotlight on them in Throwback Fridays. Enjoy!
How to Make Money TODAY Selling Your Short or Feature Film with Amazon Video Direct!
We making money selling your short film, feature film or web series just got a whole lot easier. Amazon.com has thrown it’s hat into the Independent creators VOD ring with the launch of Amazon Video Direct.
This move is designed to go head to head with Google’s YouTube for video-ad dollars. as well as going after other juggernauts like Facebook and Vimeo.
Amazon Video Direct has four distribution options for its creators.
- Filmmakers can make their films available to Prime Video subscribers and receive a per-hour royalty fee
- Films or Series can be sold as a subscription through the Streaming Partners Program
- Films can be made available for digital rental or purchase
- Films can be made available to ALL Amazon customers for free with ads, and filmmaker would receive a 55% share of the ad revenue (exactly as they do on YouTube).
Amazon Video Direct will pay filmmaker 50% of the retail price for all rentals, digital purchases and subscription fees. If filmmakers choose Prime Video distribution, creators will earn royalties of 15 cents per hour streamed in the U.S. and 6 cents in other territories under the standard terms.
What makes this a game changer is indie filmmakers no longer have to deal with a middleman or distributor to gain access to one of the largest marketplaces in the world.
I already am making money with my past short films on Amazon Video Direct. I’m surprised at the number of views and cash these short films are brought in, with no advertising on my part yet. Check out what I uploaded to Amazon Video Direct here.
Take a listen to this podcast as I break down this amazing new distribution opportunity for indie filmmakers and I go over the technical requirements that need to upload to Amazon Video Direct.
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- Amazon Video Direct – Video Requirements
- Amazon Video Direct – File Formats
- IFH 044: How to Create Multiple Revenue Streams for Your Indie Film
- BlackBox – Make Passive Income From Your Footage
- VideoBlocks.com – (IFH Discount SAVE $50)
- Filmmaker in a Box – Learn How to Make an Indie Film – 18 Hours+ of Lessons
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Werner Herzog Filmmaking Master Class
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
- INDIE FILM SYNDICATE Filmmaking Community
- IFH’s Online Film School
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
If you like How to Make Money TODAY Selling Your Short or Feature Film!, then click below:
How to Create Multiple Revenue Streams for Your Indie Film
Enjoyed “How to Make Money TODAY Selling Your Short or Feature Film” Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…