Please note: Throwback Fridays are archival episodes from the Indie Film Hustle Podcast. After many requests from the IFH Tribe to bring back some of the show’s best episodes, I decided to create Throwback Fridays. These episodes will not be posted every week but at least twice a month…if not more. There’s so much amazing info and knowledge bombs in many of these past episodes and I don’t want them to be lost in the sea of IFH Content so I’ll be putting a spotlight on them in Throwback Fridays. Enjoy!
How to Blaze Your Own Path in the Film Industry
Have you been banging your head against the wall trying to figure out what you need to do to break into the film industry? Me too. This episode is dedicated to all the indie filmmakers out there trying to make a living as a filmmaker.
After studying so many success stories of directors, writers, producers, and actors who finally broke through and made it into the exclusive party I found one common denominator among every single one of them.
I discuss that truth and make a major announcement to the Indie Film Hustle Tribe about what I’ll be doing over the next year and how it applies to the topic of “Blazing Your Own Path in the Film Industry.”
If your a bit lost or just keep running into walls trying to make it as a filmmaker then this is the podcast you need to listen to. I hope you find some value in it. Good luck!
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
- On the Corner of Ego and Desire
- This is Meg
- Jill Michele-Mélean
- IFH Online Film School – 30% OFF Discount
- IFH 069: Michael Polish – How to Make Money Selling a No Budget DSLR Indie Film
- For Lovers Only
- FreeFilmBook.com (Your FREE Audio Book)
- BlackBox – Make Passive Income From Your Footage
- Studio Unknown Audio Post – Mention the IFH podcast, and you’ll receive 50% off one day of ADR
- How to Shoot and Direct an Improvised Feature Film in 24 hours
- Filmmaker in a Box – Learn How to Make an Indie Film – 18 Hours+ of Lessons
- Martin Scorsese Film Directing Masterclass
- Ron Howard Film Directing Masterclass
- Judd Apatow Comedy Writing/Directing Masterclass
- Aaron Sorkin Screenwriting Master Class
- FreeFilmBook.com (Download Your FREE Filmmaking Audio Book)
- IFH MASTERS CIRCLE – Filmmaking Community
- IFH’s Online Film School
- Six Secrets to get into Film Festivals for FREE!
BONUS: Filmmaking Resources
- Martin Scorsese’s Film Directing MasterClass
- Ron Howard’s Film Directing MasterClass
- Filmmaking Hacks: Filmmaking Master Course
- Directing Actors Film Workshop
- USC Film School’s ONLY Online Course: Directing the Actor
- Film Lighting MasterClass
- Recording Sound for Indie Film
- The Art of Micro-Budget Filmmaking
- Cinematography MasterClass
- Film Festival Hacks: Submit Like a Pro
- Self-Distributing Your Film Online
If you liked How to Blaze Your Own Path in the Film Industry,
then you’ll love:
Enjoyed How to Blaze Your Own Path in the Film Industry? Please share it in your social networks (Facebook, Twitter, email etc) by using social media buttons at the side or bottom of the blog. Or post to your blog and anywhere else you feel it would be a good fit. Thanks.
I welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the comments section below…
Please note some of the links below are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase or use a service. Understand that I have experience with all of these services, products, and companies, and I recommend them because they’re extremely helpful and useful, not because of the small commissions I earn if you decide to buy something. Thx u!